Forums > Help! > Long light thing when takin pics...confused about picture taking

Login/Join to Participate

MeneeococoaGOLD Member
torn and bleeding warrior of love
133 posts

Posted:
I'm confused...al the pictures you guys take have a long tail with the light, but my pics are just still, with no tail, just the LEDs. How do you make the tail last longer? Someone told me about some certian type of exposure or something...help pleeease....

I need to find something witty for this so people like me...

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Hi - You might want to try a search for "Photographs", "Trails" or "cameras" as this has been discussed many times.

The way it works is just a long exposure (as in, the aperture is held open for longer).

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
if youve got an automatic camera with a flash, then it will be a still photo. youll need a manual camera where you can control the shutterspeed. the longer the shutter is open, the longer the tail on your LED.
see it as painting with the light. the light comming from the end of your poi is the paintbrush and the negative inside the camera is the canvas. youll need to manually set your camera to a longer shutterspeed. and no flash... and a tripod as the camera needs to be very still.
good luck!!!

~love and light~

Fire... A bushmans telly

MeneeococoaGOLD Member
torn and bleeding warrior of love
133 posts

Posted:
ok, thats what i thought, it's just i didn't think i could do it with a digicam. Thanx for the input.....keep ravin

I need to find something witty for this so people like me...