colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
as the subject says, i am looking to update my capture card and am open to recommendations if you have any.

must be compatible with adobe premiere 6.1 and will preferably be a real-time capture card.

any ideas...?

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
mm get a DV cam, and I assume your comp has Firewire...the quality is really good.

Matrox makes industry standard capture cards should you choose not to enter the digital age at this point. I have one of their dual Head G400s in my comp and it rocks...so I know their hardware is good (although the g400 isnt a capture card).

seeya tonight hopefully!

Josh

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i have a canon dv camera and a pinnacle capture card (the one that is bundled with pinnacle studio dv 8) but it isn't compatible for capture into premiere.

its all a bit more complicated than i first thought!

i getting round the problem by capturing into studio and importing that file to premiere but that doesn't work either - it seems my capture card captures into mpeg-2 and premiere wants mpeg-4.

i was confused for a while whether or not i could convert but now i just got a new pc so i figured i might as well tool that one up properly.

cheers though josh - hope to see ya (nice and dry) later on

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Abiding the coleman.
Hey man, recently jumped off the same bridge.
I've got an ATI all-in bla. Works fine with premiere. If you capture as AVI premiere will have no problem and from the you can mnake mpegs. AVI can only be 4gigs so you do have to look out with size. At my work we just scored a Pinnacle dv500 capture card. This also works sweet with prem. but it is still capturing as avi. Nice card but pricy. Anyway best of luck to you.
Mot.

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.