Forums > Help! > Shepparton, Benalla area

Login/Join to Participate

Tanya77BRONZE Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
Is there any1 out there form the Shepparton, Benalla area in Victoria the is able to teach me a few moves??
Tanya

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi Tanya, welcome to HOP. Dunno anyone in Shepparton or Benalla that does poi. I met a guy in Albury once, and I've met a few poisters from Bendigo. Actually, I think there are a lot of spinners around Bendigo, but I'm not aware of any at HOP. Have you tried Boho?

Suggest trying to get to a Melb meet-up. They are pretty good. Check the Melbourne workshops thread in the Events, Performances & Gatherings section. Also confest, the spiritual home of fire in southern australia, will be on again near Denny, at Easter. Lots of poisters there

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hi pierced!
you could try teaching your friends new stuff, and when everyone in your group of friends twirl, you could have a big regular session where new ideas float about. then the quilts'll be matted.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
I had the same problem PiercedTan. I about 2 hours south of melbourne. I was stuck with learning from the lessons on this site. After a short while I sniffed out another poister and staffer. Now we have a regular spin on Friday nights on tha Beach @ Cape patterson.

Talk to people you know about the poi..... you may be suprised....

[ 04. February 2003, 17:11: Message edited by: Zoltar ]

So much fire, so little body hair...