Forums > Help! > Beaming Poi or Electroglo?

Login/Join to Participate

CulumeonBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
I want a pair of non-burning Poi. Which kind should I pick?

Is any of the two kinds better than the other?

Help appreciated.

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Beaming poi(aka death poi) are awesome but they come with that experienced users only warning for a reason.I like them a bit more than the electroglo but at least you don't have to worry about giving yourself a concussion with the electroglo.Like they say though no pain,no gain.

If you want some really cool non-burning poi and you have that kind of money you should look into Aerotech glo poi and meteors. Just go to globall.com

Don't forget about comet poi.They are tons of fun.

CulumeonBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
Are the Electroglo so much softer than Beaming Poi?

Anyway, thanks! I think I´ll go for Beaming Poi then, Globall seems fun, but a little to expensive for me right now.

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
Electroglo's are still hard, but they are made of a polycarbonate tube which is light and has a little flex. Beaming balls are hard and heavy.... hence the warnings.

Put extra LEDs in the electroglo's and they look Oh so pretty

So much fire, so little body hair...

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
NO PAIN NO GAIN

I wouldn't trade my beamers for anything.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Electroglos are much lighter, and less damaging.

I love beamers, but then again I have hit myself in the back of the head with both of them simultaneously when executing a btb butterfly. It explains a hell of a lot

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
I'll never forget when I first learned how to do a reverse weave and was working on turning.I was out in public swinging my beamers and I started turning and kept turning and when I tried to stop I was going back into a reverse weave.It almost seemed like time slowed down becuz I remember the poi coming straight for my head and in my mind I'm like "NNNOOOOOO".BOOM right in my frickin forehead with the damn things. I was lightheaded for like an hour.

Though I must be a glutton for punishment becuz I still use those damn things.Who am I kidding?I still think beamers are the best.

Moral of the story:One day you'll be spinning the beamers and you'll screw up and time will slow down and you will see them coming for one of two places you don't want them to hit you and it will hurt.It will hurt so very,very much.

CulumeonBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the answers.

I have now ordered a pair of Beaming Poi!

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Happy swinging

I hope you em as much as I do

Peace

dirty beanerBRONZE Member
26 posts

Posted:

i am the gin of gunga din. went to a show with-a gunga din... so early in the morning.

Xtremely Flameablemember
95 posts

Posted:
use 'em well

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.