Forums > Help! > What staff to buy & Where??

Login/Join to Participate

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Some tips please...

Anyone got any advice for me regarding buying a staff around London? Went to Oddballs (Camden) at the weekend but they only had a 4ft staff and it was quite expensive?

Was thinking of buying a three piece staff? Loathe to use the dreaded credit card, but do you think I should buy from HOP? Malcolm seems to be doing the best deal at any rate.

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Hi Kat!

I've been doing a biot of investigation with reagrds to this - I've found that most of the UK shops are on avaerage %20 or so MORE expensive than HoP. That includes the posting and packaging. Malcolm aslo offers 3 mth warrenty and 30 day money back.. I'm not sure if the ohter shops offer the 3mth warrenty (they have to do the money back thing by law I think)

PLUS - you don't really have to worry about going out shopping (I hate shooping this time of year) just type away on your friendly HoP board - sit tight and a few days later VOILA!! NEW TOYS..

But I suppose the disadvantage of doing it this way, is there is no 'try b4 you buy' option..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Thanks MisStix,

I think HOP is cheapest as well and anything I have bought before has been just dandy! I might have to give in and use the credit card after all.

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i've spent about 160 quid on HOP shop in the last few months over 3 orders and each time the service has been great and its been delivered within a week to the UK. All the stuff has been well made and i'm happy with, except........

I bought the Pure Flame 3 part staff. I can't say that I'd recomend it personally, I've been using it to learn with so have dropped a few times and after a weeks use it started rattling slightly. A month later, however hard its tightened up it make serious rattling noises. It is secure, it's not going to fall appart, but the rattling is rather off putting. Also if you hold one end (not the middle) then it is no way near straight.

The innercore one is a bit more expensive, but i think i would go for it if i had to make my descision over again.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the advice Flid.

Thing is its a 3 piece I am after, as its handy for travelling 2 and fro.

Hmmm - what to do? I want to get my order in soon?

- W B Yeats