Forums > Help! > Downloading Free MP3's

Login/Join to Participate

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
HELP! trawling the web for hours has made me go insane! please help me!

Anyone know of any good places to download free MP3's, particularly psy-trance and acid techno kind of stuff?

Lots of people have told me theres plenty of Infected Mushroom and Astral Projection and Halluncinogen stuff floating around the web, but where?

I can't find anything more than two minute samples.

Any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated, thanks

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hope this helps yer search for astral projection, mate! (to be sure, pls click the 'download' or you may only play, not save that track) For the benefit of your soul, pls try n buy 'infected - BP empire' or 'Kluster - bugfix' psy was always meant to be this good!
I'd make an astral projection joke 'ere but I've only succeed in making me groan.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
Thanks Bender, I'll give it a try,

BP Empire is amaaaazing although my CD is almost totally destroyed from taking it everywhere, Infected Mushrooooooom spread the word!!!!

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Noona, I swear by soulseek. A primarily underground electronica filesharing program with friendly users. best of all it's a simple little app that's built to create a worldwide community and not built to make money by infecting your system with spyware, as does kazaa.

it's P2P so it can be slow, but it's got some great features (like the wishlish) and if you really want a certain song there's always a way to find.

mind you, the MP3s aren't "free" by any means.

my user name is pfs (case sensitive), drop me a line if you like.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Bender!!! you saved my life man.

I've been doing the same thing as Noona,
Rad Site Man!

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
just use kazaa. You can remove the spyware pretty easily. The protocol it uses (Fasttrack) is miles ahead of Morhpheus etc, which use the totally outdated gnutella.

I did quite a bit of work on reverse engineering the protocol that kazaa uses about 1.5 years ago and wrote a a multiplatform interface to the network. Gnutella is impressive for something "written in people's bedrooms", but fasttrack was developed by a company and really is more powerful.

As a gnu programmer I really should encourage the use of open source progams over closed source, but to be honest when I want mp3 I just use kazaa on one of my windows machines. It has the most content by far, even for my obscure taste in music!

If you have a broadband connection, you can also find a decent mp3 radio station that streams at 128/44 with no voice overs/adverts and rip it. I've gotten tens of gigs this way.

FoxFiremember
90 posts

Posted:
quote:
a simple little app that's built to create a worldwide community and not built to make money by infecting your system with spyware, as does kazaa
That's why ya use Kazaa Lite instead.

Deuteronomy 31:6
John 15:9
Luke 6:22

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Dude, check out "techno terror" on the astral projection site...it rocks! (Star Wars samples)

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
kazaa lite is cool too. but I'd say I've found more obscure stuff on soulseek than I have kazaa. mind you, I never tried too hard on kazaa 'cause I knew I wouldn't use it.

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
I've found Kazaa is much better for movies. I downloaded "Ballistic: Ecks vs Severe" the other day.. WOW!! Sure glad I didn't pay the 12$ to see that in the theatres!!

Soulseek's wishlist has been the best thing for me. So sweet!!!

YAY SOULSEEK!!

If you're into the psy-trance thing.. Check out "Sesto Sento" and "Psydrop". Great new artists.

tiamat_22580I will kill all mods
210 posts

Posted:
bender your my hero....booyaka....!?

¿

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
"Don't thank me, thank the moon's gravitational pull!"
-McGuyver

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
Thank the moon's gravitational pull!

ok, if i get my system's more major components functioning ok again, time to expand beyond Aimster to kazaa, but maybe use lite? y'all, how do you remove spyware from the regular kazaa package, or if lite's spyware-free, anything you really miss by using lite?

~ Mikie

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
to remove spyware use Lavasoft's Ad-aware available here:

https://www.lavasoft.de/

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I recommend the lavasoft adware thing too. Plus it'd free which is always a bonus.

Meh

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
i swear by morpheus...ive downloaded over 200 mp3s with no probs whatsoever..

or if drum and bass is yo thang... Drum and Bass Arena click on 'listen' on the left hand side....then at the bottom of the new page type in either a song or dj/mc you want to hear and it will come back with songs, interviews and even ENTIRE sets at places like Fabric, Detonate, etc...just record them onto a tape via the speaker socket on the back of your computer into the uax in on the back of your hifi...and record onto tape the aux line in...and there you have it...entire dj sets done by peeps like andy c, hype, shy fx, etc...

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
LuvlyJubbly
plenty to be going at there,
Thanks all

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
welcome one

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
also:

BangingTunes

has links to several days worth of hardhouse/nrg/trance mp3 and rm mixes, if you're too lazy to download individual tracks.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Afternapster.com This lists and rates MP3 sites. I have found it very helpful.

Jesus helps me trick people.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
It also gives you the links so you can download the software.

Jesus helps me trick people.

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
The first 2 Infected Mushroom albums can be downloaded legally and free by clicking here, there are also some other tracks.

Track listing for the albums can easily be found at this website

Other artists I recommend from mp3.com are Sirk - Err, ambientish stuff.Angina P - Drum 'n' Bass like, sort of.Yahel - Psy/Goa Trance.Enrapture - Darkwave, gothy, dancey stuff, some industrial.Masada - Goa Trance.Beats Mart - Instrumental Hip-Hop.Err all I can think of, hope some of you like some of it.

*Oh, just for a minute,* my bed said.
"Don't lie to me," I grumbled.
*But you're so tired...*

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Bump.

Meh

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Now...this is a good bump.

*pats C@ntus on the head*

Good boy.

smile

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Bittorrent is poo.

frown

I just downloaded it...and 90% of the files i wanted were refused connections. and the other 10% were going to take over 100 hours to download.

What I dont get is, if you download and upload the file at eh same time... how do you get he end of the file. Surely if someone has finished downloading the file, they will close it.

that, coupled with the the fact that it is not an actual program, but more of a download window, makes be very dissapointed with it.

Has anyone got any ideas how you set a file downloading again after you have closed the window?

The problem with Kazaa though, is that nowerdays, the music companies are releasing so many shitty versions of songs (with really bad white noise (painful screetching) random placed in it), it is becoming nigh on impossible to download the correct versions of songs.

and for films, the files are all really badly mis labeld, and 99% of the time, "more sources needed" comes up.

evolsoulxjourneyman
60 posts

Posted:
bit torrent is the best way in my opinion. if its not working for you good, use sites like suprnova.org and make sure the file your trying to get is seeded, or just use google and search for torrernt sites for what you want.

I have "aquired" 3cd's today alone with it. . so i guess you have a bad source.

BOMBS TERRORIST AIRPORT AIRPLANE HOSTAGE ALLAH JIHAD SUICIDE BOMB HIJACK

have you tested the patriot act recently?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I went o supanova and clicked over 30 differnt things..

films and tv series mainly.. but they all were rubbish.

and I oinly clicked on the ones with high numbers.

confused

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Thats why u listen/watch the song as u download it, then u can tell if its a good version. Almost all the stuff iv got off Kazaa was good. U just have to know where to search.

I shouldn't really be saying this, but if u use Kazaa lite, then u should also be using "Diet" kazaa, im not joking, its a program that remembers all the people u have been download off and keeps searching. It also gives u a higher "MP" rating, and for some reason (i think its in built) the higher your mp rate the more searchers come up.

When its done, It will also shut off the net and turn your computer off as well if u like.

Written by:

Diet K removes spyware, blocks pop-ups, and gives users dozens of new features to configure the file-sharing client Kazaa Media Desktop. Speed up your downloads with a built-in advanced download accelerator and notification system. You can browse your friends' files with an IP-based buddy list tool. Diet K also has built-in supernode controls and participation level tools (cheater, backup/restore). It is also now possible to securely trade virus-free files using the new Sig2Dat integration and hash generation. Diet K automatically removes the new Gator adware bundled with Kazaa Media Desktop, along with Cydoor, Altnet, P2P Networking, MyBar Search Toolbar, and all other annoying adware bundles.

And you can find it HERE
EDITED_BY: Dragon7 (1096255815)

-=Sidhe=-member
22 posts

Posted:
Funny... I was recently looking for all the same stuff as Noona was looking for two years ago... How things change...

Anyway, BitTorrent rocks. I wonder if you might have some issues particular to your setup, UCOF? Firewall issues, mebbe? I can't comment in depth though, as I'm only just competent enough to deal with my own system.

Soulseek still rules for anything more obscure, though. Best place for Psy, I've found.

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
dc++ is where its at. its a bit complicated programm but once you get it there are no limits to your greed....

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer