Forums > Help! > The Search Function

Login/Join to Participate

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
For some bizarre reason, when I put my member number in the search, making sure it's going to search all forums for posts with any date, it only returns a few posts.

Does anyone know why this is?
I'm trying to find the one handed staff move thread I started a while ago, but I'm only getting posts from a maximum of a few days ago.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Dear Bov sir,

i think Cass and Pele mentioned that they were having probs with searching by member number..... seems to be still happening.

I would suggest searching for the phrase one handed staff, or, what you called the actual thread, rather than using your member number, you are bound to get better results.

also, make sure your search function is set for the maximum number of days available `
goodluck!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Cheers Flynt

Yeah, I remember that other thread Cass started about it, but I couldn't find it again to read through it.

The problem is that I can't remember what I called the thread, just that is was a fair while ago. Some time around march I think.
Oh well, I think I'll have another go with the search engine, then I might start looking through the pages one by one.
I'm assuming it's in the staff moves section, and there are relatively few threads there, so it shouldn't take absurd amounts of time.

edit... I've just found it, it was only on page 3 - I think we need more people adding to the staff section (including me, I don't really add much there)

[ 06 November 2002, 23:14: Message edited by: TheBovrilMonkey ]

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Cheers Malcolm, that's certainly helped - I'm getting a load of my posts now.
Bizarrely, it's still not returning all of them though