Forums > Help! > starting from scratch with a fire staff

Login/Join to Participate

VAMPIROmember
7 posts

Posted:
is the best way to learn fire staff to use the instructions on this web site or is there a book or somthing...or hey can you tell me anything??? im a blank canvas cuz ive just started with a staff
any help would be greatly recieved

Though a pretty face is all they seeA tortured sould you are to meJust touch the darkness deep insideWhere all the hidden demons hide

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Hey!!! Another one from Leicester!!! I was born there!!!

*reins in excitement to answer question*

The lessons on the site are a good place to start. A good recommendation is to have a look through Woody's lessons then Xaeda's. Xaeda's stuff is excellent, but her moves are a little bit more complicated. There is a reason for this, which is that the more complicated hand positions give you extra flexibility, but that is not vital when you are just starting out.

The other recommendation is to just get out there and give it a go. I taught myself a lot of stuff from just figuring out where the staff wanted to move about my body.

There is also a book on firetwirling here in the shop. Very useful and very helpful. The authors of the book have even been known to roam the site

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

VAMPIROmember
7 posts

Posted:
cheers m8 ill get started and we will c how it goes.

Though a pretty face is all they seeA tortured sould you are to meJust touch the darkness deep insideWhere all the hidden demons hide