Forums > Help! > Commercial Fireproof Clothing

Login/Join to Participate

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Has anyone in the UK bought/used any? I always assumed that the prices would be astronomical, so I just use thick denim jeans+cotton tshirt when using my firepoi.

Looking around tonight thou I've found a few places selling full flame retardant suits for racing drivers for around 30 uk quid. You might look like a bit of a twat wearing one in public, but for general back garden practicing it seems like a good idea to me. Any thoughts?

Anyone found any flame resistant trousers at a good price that are a bit more faishonable?

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
hey there,

firstly I must congratulate you on your safety consciousness! Secondly, I feel the need to say that perhaps you are being a little too safety paranoid! no offense of course...

thing is, if you feel the need to wear such clothing as flame retardent suits, perhaps you need to relax just a little and also maybe ask yourself if you are ready for fire? I really don't mean to be rude but if you are so concerned about setting yourself on fire, perhaps you need to build up a little more confidence.

What fuels are you using? Most all the fuels I've ever used never actually burn me and the only time I've had a live flame on my clothing was when I was wearing a stupid fleece hat.... Perhaps your fuels are too volatile?

I understand that it's important to be aware of safety issues when playing with fire, but I personally think it's not so dangerous to the extent where fire retardant suits are necessary for playing with poi.

just my opinion though...

be well.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
o yeah - forgot to add: you can also buy a flame retardant spray for clothing.... that way you get to look like your normal self, but have the added bonus of being not so flammable

do a search of the archives "retardant" and you'll find the info.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.