Forums > Help! > UK Permit/License?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Does anyone know officially whether you need a permit or license to do fire stuff (eg firechains) in public places (as opposed to private or placves such as beaches where there are no fire signs) in England? I know that you need a permit from the council in order to busk in many areas, but is there are seperate one needed for fire?

Thanks

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i think you have to goto your local council and talk with them to do it legally.
fire being dangerous and in a public place it would be silly not to do it with out public liability.

nightsdarkchildmember
84 posts

Posted:
well on this subject, here in washington i have yet to even think about lookin into insuance. Yes i know very soon it is something i will be doing. what i have done instead is talked with the local fire districts an fire codes and permits, even though i have never been stoped while out spinnin. they (the fire district) were very informative and asked that i write a propasal so that thy may issue a annual permit for me to play. they are kind and willing to help.
i must go back on the statment i have never been stoped. at a public gathering me and a small group i had just meet were stoped. befor we were ttold to stop they asked if we had a permit, when the answer was no we had to put our fire.
so here in the u.s. or at least in washington public shows do not need insurance but a permit. Yes i think the idea of have insurance is a very good idea and one of the best safty percautions one could take.

we could live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
swim out past the breakers watch the world die

Page: