149 posts

Posted:
I need to find out what is the best kinda breathen fuel
Can anyone find out or tell me?
Please.

sonny_cmember
26 posts

Posted:
hey! well i havent been doing the breathing thing for a long time but i think kero gives off the biggest flame. the only problem with it is its so bloody smelly! so if you dont like the smell use lamp oil coz it has no smell or taste(within reason). only thing is, here, its more expensive and the flame isnt as big so i guess its kindof up to u. hope that was a lil help

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
https://www.homeofpoi.com/articles/fire_breathing.htm

The above link will take you to information on Firereathing, and within that is contained the safety data on fuels. I highly recommend doing a thorough search of all the safety info and stuff before firebreathing (if you're not already experienced).

There is no safe fuel to breath with - they are all very dangerous..... and often the "better" tasting/smelling fuels are even more dangerous because they are more highly refined.

Take care!!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Shinova:thefiredemonmember
149 posts

Posted:
i have read it before, and i have a little experience. but i need something that has a
semi-big flame.
I have done one with a big flame big enough to roast a chicken till it burnt, but it stunk and it nearly cuaght my face on fire coz it dripped a little.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Shinova, Finding a fuel that gives you a bigger flame because of it's own properties, rather thasn technique will be very hazardous.

Here follows a very simple logic deduction extension of verbal algebra.

1. The bigger the flame, the more volatile the fuel.

2. The more volatile the fuel, the less predictable it is.

3. The less predictable it is the more chance you will get hurt.

4. The more chance you will get hurt, the more chance you could DIE

I suggest getting your technique better (with water, not fuel), and then being as happy as you can with the results.

Oh yeah, and if you do any sort of firebreathing, make sure you have life insurance...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I'll second what Charles says. It's your technique, not the fuel that will make all the (safe) difference.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

sonny_cmember
26 posts

Posted:
maybe you should check out www.fyretr.com.
if you havnt already checked this guy out, go have a look. hes the one that started me off an i gotta say hes brilliant.

Fire_Emanatormember
96 posts

Posted:
Ditto, technique, not fuel...and to the guy who uses Kero...it's carcinogenic!

Parrafin is the best thing I've used, but use Solvent OMS now...it is available as "Fire-Water" at www.juggleart.com.

Free your mind and your ass will follow!

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Fire_Emanator - Kero/Parrifin/Firewater, its all carcinogenic. I haven't heard of Solvent OMS, but the MSDS sheets on Juggleart's Firewater mean it has very similar bad-for-you effects to Pegasol 3440 Special.

Pegasol and Firewater are both a tiny tiny % MORE toxic than pure Kero (Aviation Fuel). But the percentage is so small it doesn't really matter.

All of the above fuels, including Firewater, are carcinogenic. Don't think for a second that they aren't.

Also, ask your local doctor how much liquid you can absorb through the membranes in your mouth without swalowing a drop!

Not trying to scare anyone, but we all need to be aware of the risks involved with what we do, including ways of absorbing fuel like through the skin and the mouth membranes and what that fuel does to our body...

But don't listen to me either, research it yourself so you know.

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi Fire_Emanator, just a couple of fuel questions.

I was wondering what you call paraffin? Coz many people (me included) just think paraffin is another name for kero (especially outside oz). Unless you mean that really viscous paraffin oil, you can get at chemists.

Juggleart insist they mix their own firewater and it is unique???? I have used ShellSol TX, but if you buy 20L of Firewater then the costs about the same, and Firewater is a better product. Must check out this OMS solvent, though. Is it cheeper, safer (dubious) or something??? Cheers

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

sonny_cmember
26 posts

Posted:
this is to the fire emanator guy, like charles said, the most of the fuels used if not all are carcogenic, all of its dangerous and your always going to swallow a lil bit of what ever you put in your mouth, as for the absorption thing, any fluid that gets under the tounge is absorbed through the vascularised buccal mucosa which allow substances a more direct access to the blood circulation.
its called sublingual absorption, so dont think your any safer using a different sort of fuel

sonny_cmember
26 posts

Posted:
sorry i think by carcogenic i meant carcinogenic.
my spellings a shocker today

Thorne-fire-crispmember
2 posts

Posted:
No-one has said Bio-Diesle yet its pure soybean oil...takes 5 gal to be toxic and blows well if not harder cause its thicker..www.hiperfuels.com

The MIGHTY Thorne....Prince of DebaucheryCheifton of Odins children(Likes his women Crispy!)

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Parrafin, lamp oil and kero are the same thing. odourless/tasteless kerosene/Parrafin/lamp oil typically have additives which are responsible for eliminating the smell and taste. All the research I have done has pointed out these additives as being more toxic then pure kerosene.

Also some biodiesal has really toxic stuff in it (more so then even kerosene) so make sure the stuff you get is clean.

Ianddmember
39 posts

Posted:
best breathing fuel?

-easy none!

don't firebreathe and live longer!

soup!

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
peanut oil......yea thats right peanut oil.
its not toxic, it is flamable and its taste like peanuts.
unless your allergic to peanuts you will have problems

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

ivan..member
165 posts

Posted:
H2O, i practice with it all the time , it's easy to clean up after ( just a little soap and water and it's all gone ) cheap and easy to get anywhere .. it's legal everywhere .... there is no big flame to speak of ... if i want a bigger flame i use lamp oil.. but H2O is the best, you really get an idea of how big the plume is and will be plus get an idea of how much dispersal of particles happen ... i have yet had a serious mishap with H2O... i used to practice often with lamp oil but i got a little expensive, .. so i switched to H2O......

thats right i look like an albino ape that has had a bad day.. go ahead say something stupid... i dare ya !

Biomechanoidmember
15 posts

Posted:
I've gotten "okay" results with moonshine and everclear. try getting the highest proof alcohol you can (185 proof ever clear, and then there's the stuff my bud makes with his still), and as fine of a mist as you can get when you "Breathe"

its not a spectacular fireball (actually its pretty pussy and gives off a faint blue flame), and not all of the "fuel" is burned so you need a pretty big flame so that you don't dampen your fire source, but it is the only fuel I've ever tried to breathe fire with as it is "only" alcohol (albiet a f**k of a lot of it).

[ 28. February 2003, 09:09: Message edited by: Malcolm ]

off-topic.net > *.*

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Biomechanoid, please be aware that fire-breathing with alcohol isn't any safer than with other fuels.

The chemical dangers of it going wrong will still be just as acute (ask Pele for more first hand info).

Also, the chance of getting drunk whilst firebreathing is an enormous one, as your ability to judge your lack of skill drops the more drunk you get.

Not only that but, alcohol in high concentrations is pretty much a poison just like kero, lamp oil or anything else, have a talk to your local pharmacist, I'm sure he will tell you the dangers better than I can.

Please remember, just because you have been doing something for ages, doesn't make it safe.

In fact, the more you do something, the higher the chance of external factors making it go wrong...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Alcohol also ignites easier when it's not in a mist. So that little bit of fuel that may dribble down your chin can easily ignite when you have a burn back.