Forums > Help! > Getting out of the reverse mexican wave (stylishly!)

Login/Join to Participate

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
I just nailed the reverse mexican wave last night and found out that it looks quite good if you go into it by doing the reverse butterfly (or giant) and go into it but i cannot get out of it very stylishly. I'm not the best at this yet (by far) but any advice or ideas would be most highly appreciated.

Thank you

Tennis

Don't eat bats.

OH yeah can anyone help me on behind the back moves as on any down stroke i just seem to clip my shoes or trouser leg and i've got a funny feeling this isn't great if i'm using fire poi.
P.s I have no intentions to wear tight trousers so don't even think about suggesting it. Any other hints would be good though .

[ 13 August 2002, 23:19: Message edited by: tennis ]

My cat's breath smells like catfood

ufo8mycatBRONZE Member
journeyman
60 posts

Posted:
with behind the back it is a question of doing one by one for days until either your back collapses or it becomes less painful.

Also if you lean forward slightly whan youve got anything behind your back it helps slightly.

im not quite clear on your problem with reverse mexican weave - soz.

Hope this is a bit of a help.

al

it's not that i mean to set things on fire...

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Rev. Mex. Wave I find is really pretty when you jump and spin with it, though every 180 degrees will change it forward/reverse, but it looks outstanding. Just alternate which hand is in front and back while you're airborne and it should go smoothly.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
Cheers people Sounds pretty funky i'll give it a go!

Tennis

My cat's breath smells like catfood

Charlottemember
12 posts

Posted:
Hi

I personally love the mexican weave but I like it even more in horizontal. And you can get really stylishly out of this... I just switch into a horizontal butterfly for one beat, then wrap both chains around my neck to come in a forward butterfly, or wrap just one chain to come out in a corkscrew.

I hope this gives you a little inspiration...

Charlotte