sonny_cmember
26 posts

Posted:
hey guys, im new here. just wondering if anyone can help me . im looking for somewhere to buy cheap wick. its so goddamn expensive! if anyones got any ideas, please give me a hand.
cheers!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
It's sold ont his site and in juggling shops. Shop about, but kevlar wick isn't the cheapest thing out there.

If you want cheap wick make demin wicks, buy some old jeans from a charity shop or something. It's cheaper than kevlar to buy, but over time you'll save money if you buy kevlar.

Kevlar may be more expensive, but it's like shoes. Buy a cheap $10 pair of shoes and they'll last you a month. In a year you'll spend $120 on shoes. Buy a decent $80 pair of shoes that'll last you a year, and you save $40!

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
well said Dom

If you have played with fire and enjoy it then you will realise just how much you will use your wicks and therefore kevlar is a definate advantage.

I know at stages I havent been able to afford the kevlar so have played around with denim and towel wicks, these need a lot of care and attention. You need to keep a close eye on these types of wicks, looking out for signs of wear else they can just disintegrate mid spin which a) dosent look good and b) can be dangerous for both audience and yourself.

Basically if you can afford kevlar then it is highly recomended that you buy some, if not then take good care of your wicks and replace them regularly.

Mark P

sonny_cmember
26 posts

Posted:
i might try out the denim thing, but like you guys said wick is better and i guess itll last longer.
cheers guys!