Forums > Help! > quick fire questions

Login/Join to Participate

snarfmember
28 posts

Posted:
i didnt really know where to put this, buti guess this is as gooder place as any.

I've noticed that on this site there is allot of confusing thread space used up with threads with questions that only require a quick short answere - such as; how many eggs in a dozen -

i dont know wheather this thread will go off , but the idea here is to combine these "quick fire questions" - oh dear that's a pun aswell!- into one thread, so its all easy acsess ......

so i thought i mite start the ball rolling-

is it leagal for us fire twirler/throwers/spinners to play fire on beaches or the grass area infront of beaches where there is a camp fire bann? ....,,, isnt it less dangerous because we're using less flamable liquid, and the poi/staff (ectect) flame isnt as hot as the flame of a real fire is it ?........

anyway ..... question 1. is waiting to be answered

[ 23 July 2002, 16:40: Message edited by: snarf ]

trust, honesty, loyalty, and forgivness...~BAH~... a good friend is someone who'll put you out when you're on fire

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
I guess it depends on the beach/grass space that you are using.

What country it is in... etc

You should check with the appropriate authorities just in case... You might get fined or something so I think it would be worth calling the 'beach/grass space authority' to check on that...

If you are bold then just go out and do it but take the appropriate safety precautions, taht way if anyone does show at least they know you are doing it safely.

Much lve, drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
quote:
isnt it less dangerous because we're using less flamable liquid, and the poi/staff (ectect) flame isnt as hot as the flame of a real fire is it ?........

see Cold Fire Thread

but yeah, this long thread of quick fire questions sounds like a great idea.

the quickest fire i ever had was after some shmuck spilled beer and ice all over my wicks. i got maybe 60 seconds of burn time. the smell was horrible.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
"And remember, kids, beer is not an accepted fire spinning fuel!"

(Vodka, on the other hand...)

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

snarfmember
28 posts

Posted:
cummon you guys there have to be some questions outthere that need answereing .......

i believe in you

trust, honesty, loyalty, and forgivness...~BAH~... a good friend is someone who'll put you out when you're on fire

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
i'm sure what we do may not be officially legal, or there may even be prohibitions on it, in most public places. certainly, fire departments and local city halls, or larger government units, will tend to have permits after approvals, at some charge, in most cases.

so what i wonder is, what do these run, and in what circumstances is there "casual/unofficial" tolerance by local fire and law and business (for only some cases) and entertainment and...authorities? i know some people on this list are condoned by local authorities because they're well-known and unofficially trusted, even without permits...

in some places, droughts, wildfires, etc., and of course dense buildings, make any uncontained fire a major community concern, official and civilian (and all the military folks here, if the commandant of the munitions armory knew flaming balls of fire were flying through the air...!)

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US