Forums > Help! > my eye is twitching!!!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
a muscle in my lower eye lid started twitching about 5 days ago, and it has twitched non-stop since then. I don't know what to do and it is about to drive me crazy. does anybody know what might help? It affects my vision, especialy on the job, where I need to do delicate tasks requiring visual prescision. I don't want to have to go to a doctor, but it looks like I might have to. Has anybody else experiencced this? If so, what helped? Getting super drunk? Muscle relaxers? A trip to Tahiti? HELP!!!

Daniel Tyler

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Could be a stress related tick or a caught nerve.

You could try relaxing. However if something like this lasts too long (and 5 days is way too long!) then go to a doctor, or in this case maybe an optician.

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I sometimes get that but it only ever lasts a few minutes. I would do as Dom says and get yourself to the Doctors

Are we nearly there yet?

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
that just happened to me, and while it weirded me out, it went away after a week or two without incedent. all a doctor will say is "it'll go away, that'll be eighty bucks, thank you."
or you might have "alienitis poppin outus" in which case your head is going to explode it about two days. that'll be eighty dollars, thank you.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I forgot you guys pay for your health care. Really, really stupid system. Our NHS may not be in the best of conditions, but at least it exists!

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Um, I say doctor...

If you take amphetamines it may be due to that... I get those problems after an amphetamine binge... Your health is important take care of it!

Love, drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Dr.Redeyemember
27 posts

Posted:
I'm starting to like Drome!
Try smoking some cannabis let's the mind and body relax, reset it's mechanisms!
(I never really knew I was so pro-cannabis!)

Infinty is a long time.......especially towards the end!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by arashi:
that just happened to me, and while it weirded me out, it went away after a week or two without incedent. all a doctor will say is "it'll go away, that'll be eighty bucks, thank you."
or you might have "alienitis poppin outus" in which case your head is going to explode it about two days. that'll be eighty dollars, thank you.

{stunned look}

Hey! Who told you all our secrets?

That'll be $80, please.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
yeah, if why ur twitching be due to what drome n redeye are on about, then the annoyance will go away in a few days. If it lasts after 2 weeks, then seek Mike's advice immediately. When my eyes did that for that long, I was fairly certain it was due to a recent and huge dose of illegal happiness. If you hadn't had a significant increase in the consumption of said happiness, then either you have a surfacing predisposition to pilltwitch or 'other.' if it's 'other', again, see your mikeginny.
hope you get better, man!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Ok, well, thanks for the comments so far, It is good to know that somebody else has experienced this (and recovered). unfortunatly, I have not done any methamphtamines, so the problem does not lie there....I was about to freak out at work today. unfortunatly I have to make an appointment in advanced to see my doctor (HMO) BS. I tryed gettting realy drunk...I am right now but it is still twitching. I am going to pray....and hope that it will go away when I go to sleep tonight. It is beating like 10 times per second, that is fast!!! It is about to get to the point to where if I had acsess to a fat bowl I would burn one, simply on the slim chance that it would help, I'm about ready to try anything...

the thing that scares me is when I get to thinking about nerological disorders...?!?!?!?

at least I can still do poi and fire staff, it doesn't affect that!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
dude, more info about that time me eyes twitched for the longest time... it wasn't very pronounced, but i *was* a tic. I was told at the time that it was also a result of 'overtiredness' but my life is always in motion! i think also that that twitch while being the product of a massive dosing, was also done during the course of several days, so perhaps it was due to me staying awake for 3 days that contributed. did you stay up too long? I know that it's end of assessent for all the students out there, so perhaps it is due to something as temporary
touch wood, hey?

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
thanks guys, my eye stoped twitching finaly. I got super drunk, took some antiinflamatory pain pills from the doc (it was still twitching at this point), and then some stuff from the other local witch doctor ....and it went right away. I am so happy to not be going crazy.

[ 13 July 2002, 03:10: Message edited by: santanatwo ]

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
It is back...I'm going to try massaging my face and trying to streatch and massage that muscle. Accupuncture anyone???

[ 12 July 2002, 13:24: Message edited by: santanatwo ]

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Accupuncture may indeed be the way to go.

Yes, you can go to a doctor, but I can already tell you what he's going to say. First, he won't refer you to a neurolgist because he'll be too damned stubborn and won't want to bother a neurologist with such a trivial complaint (wiping sarcasm off screen).

He'll either tell you to live with it or give you some powerful muscle relaxants that will knock you six lampshades next to the eleventeenth distortion.

And he'll tell you not to use any recreational drugs and he'll tell you that accupuncture is a waste of time (never mind that it's been working for the Chinese for a couple thousand years...oops I spilled more sarcasm!).

At least that's what most of the doctors I know would do to a young and otherwise healthy patient coming to them with such a complaint. So unless you know a really cool doctor, I'd say try accupuncture first.

But let's remember, I am not yet a doctor...not even close, so I am not responsible if I'm wrong...especially since I haven't examined you. No fair sueing me.

-Mike

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
well, I should have listened, but I went to the doctor, sorry nothing they would or could do, no drugs either. "that will be ten bucks please".... So I found an ancient herbal remedy that worked, I have been using it as neccisary, and Eye twitch goes away withing 10 minutes. and it has been working. The doctor said "reduce my stress level" How do you do that doc, living is stressfull? anyways, I am doing better now that I know what I can use to treat it.

[ 17 July 2002, 09:08: Message edited by: santanatwo ]

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by santanatwo:
well, I should have listened, but I went to the doctor, sorry nothing they would or could do, no drugs either. "that will be ten bucks please".... So I found an ancient herbal remedy that worked, I have been using it as neccisary, and Eye twitch goes away withing 10 minutes. and it has been working. The doctor said "reduce my stress level" How do you do that doc, living is stressfull? anyways, I am doing better now that I know what I can use to treat it.
What is the herbal remedy? Or...do I already know what the remedy is?

-Mike

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
well, you are the mad scientist

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
there is a technique called palming where you take the lower palm area furthest from your thumb, right above your wrist, and press it into the cavity of your skull where your eyes are. by maintaining a tight seal around your sockets and pulling away your hands slightly, you can gently pull on your whole eyeballs and release tension in all the muscles surrounding the eye. it increases bloodflow and feels REEEEEEEAAAAAAL good when you're carrying tension there.

-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
arashi.. that sounds mighty painful!

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
actualy I couldn't get a good seal, maybe if my hands and face were wet.... *walks off mumbling to self*

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
okay, try taking a diving mask and hooking up a vacuum cleaner to it. that oughta do it.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Well, it's just that if the herbal remedy is pot, that's all well and good, but it does have some side-effects. Like...it gets you stoned. That may not exactly be desirable in all circumstances.

-Mike

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Like for instance if you have to keep a clear head while you are performing delicate and intricat tasks with the lives of animals hanging in the balance?!?!?! Fortunatly that particular herb is illeagal in my state (And I wouldn't even think of doing anything illeagal, no matter how much it helps...), although several States have now leagalized it. Ca, Mn, Nv, Ny, Ak etc

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
besides, I have asthma, and smoking stuff is bad for your lungs...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
In CA, it's legal under state law with a doctor's prescription.

But not under federal law.

-Mike

ufo8mycatBRONZE Member
journeyman
60 posts

Posted:
Theres a wonderful technique for alleviating facial stress, it justs involves three eyebrows and an auntie

it's not that i mean to set things on fire...

toysaurus69member
2 posts

Posted:
USE A POTATOE>>>
cut it in half and put it on ur eye lid, will defintly help...

GO BIG or stay HOmeRODEODJLES@DjCentral.com

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Does the potato thing help because AAAAARHGH...my eye's been twitching since midday today!

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Firetramp, do you take a multi vitamin? A good one, preferably in capsule form, designed for nursing women? You could just be a bit low in b-vitamins, and under stress. Nursing takes a lot of nutrients out of your body for the baby! Eat well, and think about asking your doc about appropriate supplementation if it continues...

Aromatherapy/herb wise, people find a relaxing poultice held over the eye, warm, with lavender and chamomile, is sometimes soothing.

Feel better!

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
not another twitchy eye!! hug

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Mines twitchy too...as is anothr of my friends eyelids frown

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Page: