Forums > Help! > omething is wrong very wrong

Login/Join to Participate

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
Ummmm... Whenever I go into a weave I move my hands in the figure eight pattern. But the wierd thing is that I don't get a figure eight. I supposedly get a 3-beat weave. Any ideas as to what could be going on or are my wrists just extremely gibbled?

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
hmmm..i dont think it is possible to do the figure 8 motion and get the weave...look at one hand while doing the weave(or figure 8) the hand that you are watching say the right one, it should go over the left on the left side, then under the left on the left side whilst the left poi goes to the right sidethen as the the right poi reaches the top it goes back to the left and back over the left poi,,,,so what you are looking for is for thee hand you are watching to be going __over__under__over__under..etc. the opposite arm, unless you are doing that then you are most likely doing the figure 8. hope thathelped more than it confused!!

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
Figure 8 done in split time is a 2-beat weave.

If you change which hand is on top at either side, you should be doing a 3 beat weave.

Just remember what Xtremravr said, over-under-out... over-under-out... repeat

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
Ya, I can do the weave and I have my right hand on top all the time, when trying to do a figure 8, but I was told my Figure 8 looked like a 3 beat weave

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
This may help:

https://calefaction.org/teach/weave.html

dirty beanerBRONZE Member
26 posts

Posted:
hey protozoa... the video of the weave and the stick thing reallly helped out. any other tips?

i am the gin of gunga din. went to a show with-a gunga din... so early in the morning.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I hate this because I don't really know how to do it without sounding cocky...

You can't do a 3 beat weave with one hand on the top all the time. You're doing something else. Count the beats carefully or look in a mirror or ask someone who knows.

Good luck.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]