Forums > Help! > UNICYCLE & DEVILSTIX!

Login/Join to Participate

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
Halo my darlings

right i'm wondering, i adore my staff but i want to introduce something new into my stuff (i dont have an act lol!)so i was wondering about the above two. I have done uni before but what sort of price should i be looking at? would looking on ebay help for a practice version or would i be buying a deathtrap?

as for devilstix, well i thought fire ones cos it at least relates to my staff. but i know nothing about them at all. Except theres a brand called "vicki's sticky sticks" which i think is wicked

so, does anyone know any sites that could help me out here or any ideas as to how and incorporate all three (would that be mad!)

ta

vic xx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
oh and before i forget, i'm only 5 foot tall so you know, dont go advising me on things "above me" as it were lol!

vic xx

Jimmember
24 posts

Posted:
A company called Butterfingers have a real big selection of most juggling props you'll ever need. They got loadsa different style unicycles, dont know what'll be the best for you though as I havent got into yet (One day!) I have a Radical Fish fire devilstick that I really like using. Havent tried any other makes though so don't know how they compare. If you haven't tried devilsticks before get a practice one first to learn on as they're lighter and stick better.
Cant remember the Butterfingers web address, but if you search on google you should find it. They don't have online sales, but if you fill in your details they'll send you a catalogue, usually within a few days.

Its a fish!

the man behind the curtainmember
52 posts
Location: second star on the right and straight on till morn...

Posted:
i spent 100 on my unicycle, and make my own devil styx. its not too hard once you figure it out.

may you travel far andlive in interesting times.unless you a bhuddist in which case i wish you nothing

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
All three wouldn't be too hard, with a LOT of practice.

I would suggest learning one stick devilsticking...how to unicycle (if you don't know already), and some simple finger spins or single-sided staff moves.

Then you could do all three at once! (I can currently do any combination of two of those at once, and sort of do double long staffs on the unicle, but it's not very pretty to watch... )

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
lol, thanks guys, i do have the butterfingers cat (in fact sell stuff through it!)but i was looking at the ultra cheap student option. Ah well, have to wait till iget back from oz then...

ta though

vic xx