Forums > Help! > help...with photons

Login/Join to Participate

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
ok, you kno those peepl who tie the photons on a string and spin em..? wat kinda string do you use and how do you tie it on? i need help...email meeh if yooh have some answerz or suggestionz...
kpsoulja21@yahoo.com....

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Photons come with a key ring around the hole. Just loop some shoelace through and tie a knot at the top so then you have handles too.

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Just photons and shoelaces may not always work to great. I havn't used just photons on shoelaces, but I can imagine that the wieght, or lack of it, would be an issue. You need at least a glowstick or something of decent mass when using shoelaces. So I'd find some kind of lighter, possibly tougher string than a shoelace if all you're going to have on the end is a light little photon. I have some industrial string, kind of like fishing line only heftier and more solid, but I don't know what it's called, I took it from my physics lab.

As far as handles with shoelaces, I havn't tried the loop knot deal. I just grab the end of the laces and wrap them around my hands or fingers until I've gotten the desired length. I've seen other people do this too. Though shoelaces in general create some fairly impressive blisters.

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
dont know if you guys have heard of it but when at raves or clubs i use para-cord, it is a round nylon or something synthetic, cord. i usually cut the ends and since they frey i melt the end with a lighter so it becomes a small err glob on the end, then i can just tie a single not around the key ring and wa la! it hasnt come off of the string yet, and i actually have to cut the string if i want them off!! well dont knowif thishelps but have fun!

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
I gave my love a glowstick,
in a paddock rave not too far,
'twasn't her hooves that made me lovesick
'twas the way she said 'baa baa baa!'

hello! judging by your name, I'd reckon you need an alternative that withstands... enthusiastic energy

cheap, small (5mm) ballchain comes with connectors that secures the ends to a slip ring or a more familiar connector that connects loops of ball chain (i.e. the ones you get in jewelry) all are available from a hardware shop - AU$4.90 for 1m of ballchain, AU29c for each connector - all available in grey or brassy colour.

I will post a photo of what it looks like as soon as my sloth wears off.

This setup is awesome for raving, cus string dies (not every string truly lives!) and all ya carry into the rave is the chain/handles! uncluttered pockets at raves are sooo very important - I cannot stress enuff!

velcro gloves are comfy.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Shoelaces with washers attached would work good I guess. I've never done photons (i'm poor, to much money spent on Fuel ) well, I've spun one but that doesn't really have the effect of two.

Good luck with the photons =)
Kinudin

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
The problem I can think of with ball chain for raving would be if the security people would let you in with it. Alot of parties around here are getting very security minded and they'd probably see them as weapons. In fact I emailed some people who are setting up a party this weekend to see if their security guys will let me in. I hope they do, I love me chains

RaverXTCmember
1 post

Posted:
ok guyz...lemme clarify....goto www.houseofrave.com...dere's a picture section with people making photons go everywhere...how do you do dat? and if yooh email meeh...ill send yooh a pik of da other thingy i wanna learn how to do...i tink wat yooh guyz are explaining is wen yooh juss tie da photons at the end of a string...lyk glowstick raving, but dats not wat im lookin for...but THNX ALOT GUYZ...i didnt kno dere were soO many helpful raverz...payce~!

Benstickinmember
8 posts

Posted:
i have a few tha ribbons and i take rubber tape and a paper towel and rap around the the towel so it slides on and off like a sleeve.Then i take clear rubber tubing with just enough slack to slide over the tape .To tight of tubing messes the inside of the light up.finaly i put two holes in the bottom of the tubing and put string through the holes and clamp the string and the light on my meteor.this protects the light and crystal while adding weight to for more control.

TurtlePistranger
13 posts

Posted:
what is a photon?

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
A photon is the elementary particle of light. It is massless and moves at lightspeed: 3*10^8 m/s in a vacumn. They move in groups, which leads to them exhibiting wave behaviour, but only if that is the behaviour you are looking for.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

TurtlePistranger
13 posts

Posted:
thats wrong,its that behaviour when its not being observed

astonSILVER Member
4,061 posts

Posted:
Quite possibly. Not done physics for a few years, so fuzzy on the details.

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
Get back to licking rocks aston tongue2

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

astonSILVER Member
4,061 posts

Posted:
Yummy carnotite.... *lick*

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
I can see that - looks kinda like buttered popcorn.

Non-Https Image Link

astonSILVER Member
4,061 posts

Posted:
Yeah. Buttered popcorn full of tasty U235. grin

Paddington BearSILVER Member
118 posts

Posted:
aston you would have had a full on geek spasm where i was today, walls full of rocks. kyanite in schist, malachite, massive calcite crystals, quartz up to my waist. i geeked out smile

fire is alive. it lives and breathes. it consumes and destroys. but we control it and live with it, we are fire dancers