Forums > Social Chat > Performing with fire around fire officials.

Login/Join to Participate

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
Last night Pele performed at a charity event for a hospice. She was to entertain while people arrived and to attract attention to the people selling raffle tickets.The local fire department was asked for their permission to have the fire performer at the event. They liked her safety procedures and felt they weren't needed. However, they stayed for the show and pictures anyway. They trusted her enough for us to grab some great shots with their help. We'll be updating our website with a thanks to the Owasco NY Fire Department.
Non-Https Image Link
Another blowSwinging poiThe firemen with Pele------------------"Except for that Mrs. Lincoln, How did you like the play?"Pyromorph - Let the fire change you[This message has been edited by Pele'sWhippingBoy (edited 29 October 2001).]

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Good stuff kid, cute outfit too...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I have to say that I was surprised that 5 firemen showed up for lil ol' me. One Chief, one Captain, one Sargent and two others. The Chief was irritated that they didn't need to be there but all wanted to stay to check it out. While I was spinning one of the guys asked the Captain if I could do the fire on top of the full size pump truck that they brought (along with two other very small safety trucks). He said he didn't care so....It was the most amazing thing!!!!!! The lights were on, the rain was falling, the wind was whipping and adrenaline was high. I could hear people cheering and the firemen were so awesome. They said because they had never seen anything like what I do, they wanted to give me a first too, atop the fire truck!!!!There was also a Owasco County Sherriff at the party and he really enjoyed it all too.I still maintain I have *never* (knock on wood) had problems with authorities. Handled properly, with advance notice, they really can be your best ally.I also bring people into my fire and hug them (butterfly behind their head). I did this with three of the firemen and they were amazed. The looks on their faces was cool. They weren't used to fire without their regalia on so it was a real experience for them.I also want to say that they suggested I use alcohol for blows, and they kept mentioning that they had more gasolene if I needed it. I explained my fuel needs to them and they were impressed at the level of knowledge I have. This goes to support my belief that firemen are not necessarily our best sources of information for some of this stuff. Anyway, I spun again later in front of a wall of windows (I was outside, guests inside) and I could hear the cheering through the windows when I was done.What a night!>>sighs contentedly, reminiscing<Thanks Whipping Boy for more amazing photos! smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 29 October 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Nice job.Blows my theory all to hell that all "officials" are assholes.

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
amazing blow Pele and amazing shot. :P I'm jealous...hehe Did you get to spin on top of the firetruck as well, or did you only blow?CRD

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
CRD...Thanks alot. It was PHENOMINAL!!!!Anyway, if you look under the photo there are some links....one says another blow, which is another photo of a different blow, then one says swinging poi and that'll answer your question wink (I swung my pounding heart out sweetie! grin) and the last is a photo of me with three of the five firemen!Just click the one you want to see!Let me tell you...those trucks are taller than they look!!!! smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 29 October 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Niiiiiiice pics, Pele !!!when do we get to see ... VIDEOS ? winkMuch loveShine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Okay, I'm jealous now.