Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Hey all,

So, I've got this little hobby of mine, making music with this program called Fruityloops. I haven't made too many tracks, but the last one I completed I think is rather good.

I was thinking about spinning to it for COL3, but between now and the 31st (as I'm going away for a week) I wouldn't have time to put a proper routine together...and I can't imagine my skills would be up to scratch for a COL video either.

Now, I don't know how easy it is to get permission from a record label to use a piece of music, but in case it's tricky, I thought I'd offer this song up, as I won't be using it. So if you're interested in getting a bit of music for your COL3 performance without the hassle of dealing with record companies, I'd be happy to send it to you. If you like it, it's all yours. If don't like it, no biggie!

Oh yes, the track is a prog trance/techno tune, about 6.5 min, and 137 BPM. If this sounds like your kind of thing, just let me know and I'll send it to you so you can hear it.

//Edit because I just can't spell

[ 06 May 2002, 09:55: Message edited by: Paddy ]

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
o'er! nice! assuming that yours is version 3.01, do you have/use any plugin extensions? I need a Jungle 'kickup' instrument, and can't be assed to buy a bloody plugin!
have you gathered the courage to play live? I have not! everything i make sounds tacky and repeti-ti-ti-tive
I say playing live kicks total ass over DJing, however!

Deliver me from clever art!
keep the swedish furniture!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

884 posts

Posted:
think I've got 3.4 actually...but unfortunately I don't have any plugins apart from the ones the program came with.

never played live...takes me weeks to crank out out a tune as it is, let alone make it up as I go along!! I'm not a natural musician, but I try to make up for that with perseverance...it's a pain but most of the time it works out.

d'you want to find a way to swap songs? I'd be interested in hearing your stuff...

Big Wavemember
1 post

Posted:
Hey Paddy, how do i go about using this site to send you private messages ? I've now registered....

Dave

(:-BW-:)

884 posts

Posted:
Dave, I've sent you a private message. Check your profile.
Paddy

MeneeococoaGOLD Member
torn and bleeding warrior of love
133 posts

Posted:
hey, if u don't mind, i'd like to hear the song. I use version 3.4 as well, and i just wanted to hear someone else's stuff. I'll send u some of mine in return, as long as u don't steal it.....grr....

I need to find something witty for this so people like me...

884 posts

Posted:
It's a deal! I'm at work right now so I will PM you later. I have a few new tracks I'm sending in case Malcolm want to use them for COL4...you can get a little preview.