pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
eager beavers beating the rush.
good things come to those who wait.
might be a long time yet for me.
hides behind cantus
cant wait to see every one on col3, gonna be well worth the wait.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Just wanted to say good luck to everyone currently producing tapes, I learnt a lot from submitting to COL2, and look forward to seeing COL3 and another perspective on twirling!

Malcom, any chance of actually putting 'circles of light, volume 3' on the cover or tape? It's not obvious what it stands for on volume 2.

Oh yeah, and good luck Malcolm compiling the compilation!

[ 26 April 2002, 14:21: Message edited by: Ade ]

Kendermember
33 posts

Posted:
So do Casper & I get 'special attention' for getting ours in first?? -=Grins sheepishly=-

-=Kender=-

-------------
Put all your fears into a wick then burn & spin them away.

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Hi Malcolm,

A couple of us were thinking of making a little compilation of video for COL3, some of the more interesting things like wire wool and possibly coloured flames and I was just wondering what was teh best format to send it in to you.

I have a digi video camera so I can write to CD at most qualities but I havent managed to find the guidelines as to what you would like.

Cheers,

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Any idea how long it takes for a tape to reach you? We've only just got hold of the camera. My guess is about 4 days from the UK.

Also, I'll try and get some footage of this London Poi in the Park which would look great if everyone used fire at one time...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Right then,

I think I can write out to the camera tapes which will be helpful as then there will be less for you to sift through.

I will try and make one but if I include a SAE could you please return the tape? as they are B****y expensive for a student and I havent got that many.
cheers
Mark

PS in the piccie archive thing, the piccie that says Lous Pic under it, with the glowy yellow double poi - What are you using? as they look fantasic!!!!

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
My tape is on the way! Bit annoyed, though. I made it a couple of weeks ago, and have since worked out a few more moves (and got them going smoothly enough) that I would have liked to put on there. Oh well. Always next time

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Saw COL2 the other day (Cantus's copy) and am still speechless. so much talent and flare and so many styles......waiting eagerly for COL3 - keep up the good work malcolm and all you sending in the tapes too.

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
so, is that to say, I can just send you the footage on the Hi8 tape that I recorded it on?

I smell something burning.