Malcolm
Malcolm

HOP admin
Total posts: 995
Posted:As of today I have tapes from
1. Casper from USA
2. Thomas Haynes aka Kender from Springfield, MO , USA

Usually I only start getting them a couple weeks before the close off (31 May 2002) so it is good that some have arrived already.

I am happy for people to use music of their own choice. However it needs to be high sound quality and a letter stating that use of the music is allowed on COL3. To be written by person who owns rights to the music. Music can also be sent as additional MP3 or similar sound file.

If you have music which other artists could have on the videos you can email as MP3 or other quality sound file as well as permission letter for use on the COL3 video. Your details are added onto the video and video cover as well as receiving free copy of finished video should we be able find space for it on the sound track.

"May your balls always burn"

Delete Topic

PK_
PK_

Lambretta Fanatic

Total posts: 4991
Posted:eager beavers beating the rush.
good things come to those who wait.
might be a long time yet for me.
hides behind cantus
cant wait to see every one on col3, gonna be well worth the wait.

PK.

"To be an angel, one need not have wings.
In giving love there is an equal grace.
Nor need one seek the aura in the face,
As love unveils the beauty of all things."

*Francois Couperin.

Delete

Ade
Are we there yet?
Total posts: 1897
Posted:Just wanted to say good luck to everyone currently producing tapes, I learnt a lot from submitting to COL2, and look forward to seeing COL3 and another perspective on twirling!

Malcom, any chance of actually putting 'circles of light, volume 3' on the cover or tape? It's not obvious what it stands for on volume 2.

Oh yeah, and good luck Malcolm compiling the compilation!

[ 26 April 2002, 14:21: Message edited by: Ade ]

Delete

Kender
Kender

Total posts: 33
Posted:So do Casper & I get 'special attention' for getting ours in first?? -=Grins sheepishly=-

-=Kender=-

-------------
Put all your fears into a wick then burn & spin them away.

Delete

Mark P
Mark P

old hand
Total posts: 1031
Posted:Hi Malcolm,

A couple of us were thinking of making a little compilation of video for COL3, some of the more interesting things like wire wool and possibly coloured flames and I was just wondering what was teh best format to send it in to you.

I have a digi video camera so I can write to CD at most qualities but I havent managed to find the guidelines as to what you would like.

Cheers,

Delete

Malcolm
Malcolm

HOP admin
Posted:Mark,

We would prefer to have it on the Digi Camera Tape if possible. We are able to take any tape format.

Regards

Malcolm

Delete

Durbs
Durbs

Classically British
Total posts: 5688
Posted:Any idea how long it takes for a tape to reach you? We've only just got hold of the camera. My guess is about 4 days from the UK.

Also, I'll try and get some footage of this London Poi in the Park which would look great if everyone used fire at one time...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

Mark P
Mark P

old hand
Total posts: 1031
Posted:Right then,

I think I can write out to the camera tapes which will be helpful as then there will be less for you to sift through.

I will try and make one but if I include a SAE could you please return the tape? as they are B****y expensive for a student and I havent got that many.
cheers
Mark

PS in the piccie archive thing, the piccie that says Lous Pic under it, with the glowy yellow double poi - What are you using? as they look fantasic!!!!

Delete

Malcolm
Malcolm

HOP admin
Posted:Mark,

No need to provide SAE. I am happy to return the tapes when I am finished.

Not sure about that picture with double lines. Have a look in the older photo gallery and you may find more details. I just used some pictures I had on my hard drive to test the new gallery thingy I have.

Regards

Malcolm

Delete

MrConfused
MrConfused

addict
Total posts: 529
Posted:My tape is on the way! Bit annoyed, though. I made it a couple of weeks ago, and have since worked out a few more moves (and got them going smoothly enough) that I would have liked to put on there. Oh well. Always next time

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

Delete

fluffy napalm fairy
fluffy napalm fairy

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3638
Posted:Saw COL2 the other day (Cantus's copy) and am still speechless. so much talent and flare and so many styles......waiting eagerly for COL3 - keep up the good work malcolm and all you sending in the tapes too.

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Delete

shizN0T
Total posts: 184
Posted:so, is that to say, I can just send you the footage on the Hi8 tape that I recorded it on?

I smell something burning.

Delete

Malcolm
Malcolm

HOP admin
Posted:quote:Originally posted by shizN0T:
so, is that to say, I can just send you the footage on the Hi8 tape that I recorded it on?Yes

Delete