LUCIAN POIERmember
12 posts

Posted:
WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND AS THE BEST HOP VIDEO FOR A BEGINNER?ITS ONLY MY THIRD WEEK AND IT'S LOTS OF FUN

It's a burning faya

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
I know that I read another thread one time (can't recall which, though) with a "ninja...night...stalker...somebody" (I'm no good with names!) that started like this. And before a moderator could get to this one, or another 'personal preference' argument broke out, I just saw an opportunity to wisecrack for a minute... Dearest Lucian...WHAT WAS THAT, I CAN'T QUITE HEAR YOU...WOULD YOU REPEAT A LITTLE LOUDER wink I wonder if this follows the same principle that leads people to talk exceptionally loud when they have headphones on?!:razz: Of course, all of this is really in good humor. Welcome aboard![This message has been edited by glowshow (edited 25 October 2001).]

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

Insatiable fire-faerie (Angie)BRONZE Member
150 posts

Posted:
OK Ok.....Im gonna give you a half sensible answer to your question..AHEM!!! (eeek probably not one the H.O.P peeps will thank me for actually)I started poi only a few weeks ago and after finding this site, I ordered some pratice poi which came with the Art of poi Video. I was really impressed and I would say this video is great for starting out. I also ordered the Circles of light video too so that I could sit back (after smaking myself on the head continuously with my new poi)and enjoy watching people who could REALLY do it!The only thing I have to say about the two Vids is I was a bit dissapointed with the picture/sound quality! ( and the music was a bit dodgy in the cirles of light vid. I ended up turning it down cos it was pretty shockin!!)....but dispite this, It is really helpfull to have a video to keep rewinding and replaying while you are learning new moves (especially if you dont have any mates who are into poi that you can learn from...boohoo thats me frown )I hope this was some help....hope you have loads of funHappi TwirlinAngie xP.S....this site is really great for answering loadsa things....just go to search xP.P.S......strange sense of humour Glow Show :S------------------"If you alway do what youve always done, youll always get what youve always got".....by 'someone wiser than me'[This message has been edited by Angie (edited 25 October 2001).]

"You've got red on you!" Shaun of the Dead

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
All I can say is,turn off the sound, and crank up your fav CD! smileJosh