flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Hi Malcolm,Just a few questions I have about the video competition that I thought a few others might benifit from knowing answers to also:1. Can anyone enter: registered member, non-member, Moderator?2. What if my submission arrives in your mailbox a day or two later than 30th September? Will I be disqualified? How strict are you going to be?3. Video to be max 5 mins in length - so, if I'm doing both poi and staff set, must total set time be 5 mins, or can I do 5 mins for both?4. Groups and Individuals: can I enter competition on one video as flash fire, then on another as a member of the Wick Effect?5. Are crosses considered staffs?6. If a bunch of us get together to lay down our individual routines, would you prefer us to send it in on one video, or separate videos for individual entries?7. If someone does a routine with one staff and one poi together and they win, do they get $700 of equipment or $350 of equipment?------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
YOU ARE DOING A POI ENTRY!!!?!?!?!?cant wait to see it..heheheLove,Josh

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
'sif!! yeah right!! pfft!! me?poi?hahahhaaa!!!I was asking that one on your behalf, o mighty Josh.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Unlikely scenario no. 1.Flash the staff purist becomes Flash the poi enthusiast!*teehee*Finn smile

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
bumping this thread so questions can get answered for the COMPETITION CHECK thread...basically no combos...

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
What about 2 staffs at once?does that disqualify you from the staff comp?

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Does this mean i shouldnt even bother sending in a video as i dont use Poi or staff.yet if i only have one wick on each set of twisters alight. some of moves are the same as poi moves, and when all for wicks are alight some of the moves are simmular to staffs. confused David

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
I found the competition page...oops.. checking out the videos now, 2 staffs does not disqualify..

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
here's a question..what if my video is longer than 5 minutes? will they just judge up till the 5 minute mark? or am I automatically disqualified if it's 5:01?are there any criteria they judge on? like speed, difficultly, fluidity etc?or is it just overall "wow factor"

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Malcolm, I'm having trouble deciding what to use. If I use glowsticks I can do all sorts of wraps and stuff. If I use my zuni's, the weight makes it easier for BTB 5 beat weaves and the technical side of spinning excluding wraps. And if I use fire only a couple of wraps can be done and i'm not to confident to do BTB 5 beat weaves. I'm not quite sure what to do. If I do them all, there will only be 1 minute and 53 seconds to do each. I guess I just have to decide. Maybe in the future, we could have different contests. As said before, spinning fire is different then spinning glowsticks.Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
um Myst,He said POi not fire poi. I think for all intensive purposes, glowsticks count as poi. I'd really like to see a full length glowstick set from you and pozee on this video. not cuz you cant fire twirl but because I think quality glowsticking is drastically under-represented smile and is a valid side of twirling. Yes folks, I'm crossing the floor. These two guys showed me that glowsticking is a legit form of twirling, in a seperate class to fire and not just a wimp's replacement.Josh

BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
FINALLY!! tongue tongue tongue

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Josh is COOL!Eric

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Myst, if you are wanting to do alot of wraps with fire I would recomend wearing wet cotton cloths (or army fatiges, BDUs etc) I have a clip on my competition video that I sent in where I wrap about 200 times in one minute with fire shocked , while wearing wet BDUs. (I realy hope it makes it onto the compilation...) BDUS rock! But be sure you wear safty glasses or wrap around sunglasses, cause some of those wraps can get dangerouse! Fuel in the eye and stuff frown

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i have a question about videoing.. I read the tips on the other page, and it mentioned to make sure auto focus is off when using fire, should i assume it should be off also for the glowsticks?? And if i have a topless girl in my video, willthat help my chances any??Im going to submitt some glowstick representation. Youll know me by the "S" on my chest.i dont care if i win, ive already come to the conclusion that will not place at all, i just want to be on the vid. That would be schweeeet..------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
there are double wraps that don't work well with my chains and end up looking ugly, it's not the cloths I'm worried about, it's the weight of my chains. EricAnd sup, you come through with a topless girl and I'll be your best friend for life.LOL