tiggymember
2 posts

Posted:
ive been doing alots of fire breathing but have only worked with this on fire staffs im soon gonna be getting some fire breathing clubs. so if any one no some good moves that could be used with fire breating tell me

i wanna be loved by you and nobody else but you i wanna be loved by you deedillydeedillydeedillydee boo boo be do

Tigmember
20 posts

Posted:
I'd recomend getting a fire sword if you're looking to incorporate breathing. It allows you to breath and keep doing something (spinnin the sword). When I used a seperate torch my audience didn't like the lag between lighting one tool and extinguishing the next. So my sword was a great asset.

What?? A gorilla wearing a smoking jacket and grass skirt. So What? Did he have a Sherlock Holmes pipe in his mouth? Ummmmm.... Why?

for_my_name_is_shanemember
21 posts

Posted:
ok this move is cold the mushroom cloud or something u get a cigeret (not for smoking so u dont needa b a smoker) and dip the end in fuel now put ur fuel in ur mouth and place the lit cigeret just inside ur mouth be facing straingt up and blow. the fire goes 15 feet in the air

You're just jealous becouse the voices are talking to me.

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by for_my_name_is_shane:
ok this move is cold the mushroom cloud or something u get a cigeret (not for smoking so u dont needa b a smoker) and dip the end in fuel now put ur fuel in ur mouth and place the lit cigeret just inside ur mouth be facing straingt up and blow. the fire goes 15 feet in the air
I wouldn't even want to see this one attempted.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

onekyoungmember
5 posts

Posted:
If you want to add some secular flair give this a try...

I fashioned a good sized cross out of hardwood (wicking tripple wrapped at the three upper tips) after doing a fire dance with the cross I would place it on a stand (mid stage). I used a mic stand... anything with a good solid base will do. I would then kneel and bow a few times (while facing the cross) then I would swig some "holy water" (kero) and do an aspiration to wrap up the scene.

To do the whole routine you gotta make sure the cross wicks are good and soaked. Doing a routine with a cross is no more difficult than using a fan, but harder than a staff or club.

firetwirl_netmember
10 posts

Posted:
heay tiggy

do u do body fire( as in running the flame dowm ur body) or fire eating?

i use two fire sticks made for fire breathing with 2.5 inches of wick on each one.

i do my show with no t shirt on
i would start by running the flam down my left arm
then giving the wick a lick then doing the other arm.

then try running the flame from the bottem of my stomach up to my neck

then place the flame in my mouth

and let go of the stick for a couple of seconds

then do a coupele of breaths and some club swinging and some more licking

warning im not held for any thing if u stuff up

can look good if u express it well

michael

To love fire is to be fire

pimember
7 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by for_my_name_is_shane:
*blinks* okay, after a few re-reads of this, i think i thought i understood what you are suggesting, fmnis. but i don't anymore after trying to reword it. whatever the situation, it's this line that disturbs me the most - "place the lit cigeret just inside ur mouth". putting a burning object inside your mouth, while it's holding fuel hardly seems like a sensible idea to me, no matter what the fuel might be. even a 'less volitile' fuel will still ignite from the embers of a cigarette, let alone one that's dipped in fuel also.

pi (going out for a smoko now)

the shit ain't over until the last record spins

NickCMonkey Wrangler
183 posts

Posted:
You don't actually put the cigarette INSIDE your mouth, just like you would while regularly smoking. I don't see how embers or whatnot would get inside your enclosed lips (to hold the cigarette and fuel) especially since you don't inhale at all. This doesn't mean I condone someone to go out and try it. Pele, step in any time.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
that sounds like a really stupid thing to do. umm

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
it's an old fire trick... a pretty advanced trick, but not the safest either..I'd like to see some fire cj with a couple of breaths off the ball wink

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
its an extremly good trick when done well, though i do not condone it to be learnt by a begginer to fire breathing and as said before its an old trick and for the more advanced fire breather.

Exact method ingredients:

1x cigarette
1x Breathing fuel
1x lighter [comeon how [censored] would it look with a breathing stick!]
1x you and a spare if you have one but not of the blow up kind!

Dip the tobacco end of the cigarette in your breathing fuel.
With an appropriate ammount of fuel for the breath, fill your mouth, making sure that you are following all "health and safety" tips that pele wrote for homeofpoi as i nor said pele or homeofpoi can take resposibility for "your" actions!
So once you are ready, with your cigarette between your fingers, placing just the filter end of the cigarette between your lips and not entering your mouth, tilting your neck back as far as possible to avoid blow backs and other possible fatal accidents go to light your cigarette with the lighter, when you feel the moment is right aspirate your fuel from your mouth in what ever method you want depending on what kind of flame you wish to emmit [sp?].

Please remember that fire breathing is extremly dangerous, to you it may seem easy and a good thing to do, it isn't.
Carsonogenic fuel will make your teeth and gums rotten, i know, i have done far too much breathing in my performing career, though it is damaging in many other ways. So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't be stupid and please read pele's article which can be found > here!!!!!!! so having read all of the said safety advice, practice with water or some thing and not fuel, go practice when in the shower, believe me you do not want to be in ill health from any breahing experiment however temping and fun it seems or how cool you will be to your mates, i have seen and had 5 very good friends end up in serious ill health and admitted to the emergency room and all of them professionals in the industry.

just my tips and thoughts on the subject so dont sue me! wink

darkpoetBRONZE Member
Irish
525 posts

Posted:
just for the record...a 15ft mushroom isnt that big, the biggest blow i think ive ever done is 18ft (solo), and w\a partner 24ft

Jesus saves sinners and redeems them for cash and
prizes

Co-Founder of Keepers of Light

Educate yourself about the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
biggrin rolleyes ubbangel

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

albotrossSILVER Member
52 posts

Posted:
am i the only one who thinks that musashii's lama is kind of creepy?
anyway, i want to try fire preathing with fire balls. (juggling)
you light your juggling balls, get a mouth full of fuel, and start juggling.
you then blow through the middle of the juggling pattern.
my fire juggling not good enough to try that yet, but i think it would be gr8. and no croud would expectit.
the trouble is that fire balls are realy hard to juggle, and if you blow throgh it, you probly wont be able to see the balls.

The nite is nearly over, day is almost here. Romans 13:12