i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
I just made my two sets and I just wanted to say how amazingly sweet they are. 15" of 1" aluminum per handle with 4" wick on the bottom 4, and a 3" chain... they are weighted almost perfectly for tosses and such, oh yummy....

AtomSILVER Member
57 posts

Posted:
thats awesome dude, i use nuchakus too, i haven't done them on fire yet tho!

keep it up

F I R E F I R E F I R E F I R E F I R E
F I R E F I R E F I R E F I R E F I R E

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
but...how are you 'sposed to flail your rice with them?!? won't the children go hungry?!?! who's thinking of the children!?

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Just lit them on fire... seems the trick is to keep them moving, as you only have 12" of hand space, so the fire is real close. Burned my finger a bit. Also seems that double nunchakus have a few limiting moves unless you can do them really fast cause the fires right under your hand...

Even so... they are the coolest thing I've played with in a long time!

pyratemember
23 posts

Posted:
I saw someone doing a great fire nunchaku bit a few weeks ago. She did a lot of moves where the side she was holding was held horizontal, so the fire wasn't under her hand. She did a lot of passes around her legs (wearing leather pants) that looked kick-ass.

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I've come to find that that is the best way to keep from burning myself continuously. Some of the hand switch offs and such can be done, but they must be done with some pretty good fluid movements or else the flame stays in one spot too long, and then I lose hair. It seems that if you could keep them moving fast enough, you can do just about any nunchaku move, but the moment you miss a catch or hesitate you get burned...

Its funny, I saw this video on "Sports Disasters Caught on Tape" tonight too... Dude looked like he was gonna have a pretty cool fire nunchaku demo, but then his safety accidently kicked a can of fuel onto him and he didn't get a chance to spin... too bad. I wanted to lift some moves from him