Izabilmember
12 posts

Posted:
Hey, is it possible for anyone to give me directions for making a fire whip? My friends and I have already made staffs, poi and swords, but I've never seen a firewhip (that still doesn't exist here in Portugal...)
Thanks!

Fire By Riz tmmember
212 posts

Posted:
Izabil
Pick up a book called "how to make whips"
by Ron Edwards that is a great place to start.
you should be able to find it on amazon.com.

Riz

I have been cursed with the imagination to envision it all

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Riz i got that book and i didn't find it much help. It's great for whip makeing in leatherwork and different braides and stuff but useing kevlor it dosn't say anything .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

Fire By Riz tmmember
212 posts

Posted:
Puk
yes it isnt geared at making firewhips just whips in genrel I did all of my own R&D on how to make a bullwhip from fire proof matriels using basic bullwhip braids and techincs.
without the understanding of basic whip contstruction bellies cores blosters etc you will never be able to braid a kevlar type matreil toghter and have it work like a whip.

that is why you see many people who have ropes with handles on them and call them whips.

Puk whipmaking is truely an artform no matter what you are braiding it with.it took me almost 3 years to produce a whip formula for the fire whip. but then again i was aiming at a fire whip that acted like a bullwhip not a fire prop.
I still improve my desgin when ever given the chance.

My 1st whip though was braided from that book
it is no were as nice as the whips i make today but they are still working after 3 years of abuse.I just retired them as whips and turned them into a set of kicking fire ropes.

I have been cursed with the imagination to envision it all

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Gee Puk...You'd be pretty hard pressed to find a book on one esoteric subject (i.e. whip making) that also delves into the fire arts as well.

you are more than welcoem to search out published books on fire-whip making but I feel Riz's approach is more likely to have a chance of a final result....

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Yeah that's true silly me .

But i still love Riz's whips and how well they are designed and made

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

Izabilmember
12 posts

Posted:
ok guys! I'll try to find that book and hope it helps... Thanks for everything. ***