Original Pyromember
26 posts

Posted:
Hows bout this one for extreme nuts. Knife blades attached to the ends of two wick fire chains. How about doing that to devilsticks and fire staves too. Plus sharpened juggling knives with Kevlar attached.

Take the power back

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Yup it'd be "extreme nuts" alright.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
oh my.
I know firetwirling is dangerous and all, but... knives?! you is crazy fly girl!
also, i there's a thread on this, just perform a search on the word 'k-bar'
it was controversial, so don't read it while in the bathroom.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

RoDuSmember
50 posts

Posted:
i must say with knives in my staff i would be a very dead man hard enough for me with fire!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
But why?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

dR pSYcHoSILVER Member
88 posts

Posted:
I have plans and design for fire throwing knives... They will be cool (throw them into e.g. Wet tree stump for example); Just ironing out few technicalities but I'm pretty sure they will work. I'll let u know.....

taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco Damn those MexICan BANdits taco taco taco taco TACOFICATION taco taco taco taco taco taco

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Atleast when a mistake is made and they slice you to to the bone the wound will be cauterized.

Oakenmember
34 posts

Posted:
Hey Kids... How goes the burn? About Blades.. Ive done it on my staff staves and on my fire staves and it's hard to say either way for them... If you plan to go into battle against 10 or mo' armed mercs then yeah, add all the bells and whistles you can to your fire toys... As for performance value, I used to do it with detatchable blades and crowds oohed and aahed as you'd expect and I got props from other twirlers as well but really, your doing your same tricks only with an added element of danger and well, how to put this... you know your toys, your skills, your tricks and you know how often you hit yourself and you know generally where you hit yourself more times than not... If your gonna mess with the knives just take it easy but be confident, same thing as when you started with fire, dont think about the added danger. I use a really long staff so my head and face is in less danger than someone with a smaller stick or poi. I see you guys hit your heads and faces more with your actual wicks while with myself it's more my shins and calves that take a beating from the ends of my stick.. my head take shots once in a while from the shaft part... Oh yeah, and if your gonna go ahead with it, a light leather jacket and an extra pair of jeans might be wise, no?
one love....
oh yeah and props to the kid (I forget who said it) who is goin fire with his throwing knives... thats ****in sweet shit man! with much performance potential.. try to apprentice under some mad gypsy..!!!

One Love, Dont forget.

Oakenmember
34 posts

Posted:
oh yeah.. one more thing... I made my buddy try my blades on his poi and he said it really screwed with the air flow/resistance stuff... ie it ****ed up his chi....

One Love, Dont forget.

RoDuSmember
50 posts

Posted:
well i cant really see the point because

1. The fire will cover the blades in black stuff which will make it hard to see

2. It will be dark and you really wont be able to see that well that there infact blades on the ends

Oakenmember
34 posts

Posted:
Your right in a way rodus, But the blades i used were a fair size and while the bases did blacken the main force of the air pushes the fire, well you know how the air pushes the fire so anyways, the main part of the blades werent "sooted" and flashed quite nicely in the firelight...
and remember, one love....

One Love, Dont forget.

Oakenmember
34 posts

Posted:
ooohh... i just had a pretty thought.. I dont practice the art myself but flaming butterfly swords would be special man! the kevlar would make the blades a little more rigid than desired but im sure something could be devised to help this... It's a beautiful circular art, not unlike poi in many ways and would be no problem for any talented poi artist....

not me im afraid... I'm a devout staff nerd..

One Love, Dont forget.

RoDuSmember
50 posts

Posted:
oh i see.

yer i never tried poi.
cant even really use my staff either hehehe

Original Pyromember
26 posts

Posted:
Yes yes ya'll i'm back, here to rock the world. Maybe it is a crazy plan but still it was just an idea. Use guys must think im nuts if i'm gonna try that shit. Anywho, I'm back to normal. No more psycho Pyro.

Take the power back

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
fire butterfly swords?
dude, aren't wushu swords dangerous enough without the flames?
I'll be quiet up now.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
Quite so, bender

By the way, red hot heat takes the temper out of a blade.

That means your fire sword can break at any time and fly out into the audience.

peacefully yours,
Maximux Ego

Original Pyromember
26 posts

Posted:
Added danger, I like that plan

Take the power back

KyleG4uSILVER Member
KyleG4u
68 posts

Posted:
my "fire sword" was made out of solid cold roll steel, and instead of having a flat blade its more of a rod. Before I wrapped it in Kevlar it looked similar to a collapsible riot control baton used in the US. It hasn't warped, chipped or cracked yet. The sword actually has threads in 3 places so it is able to be screwed apart and even the threads have stayed in pristine condition. If I had to make another fire sword I would definitely use a rod shape design again, even though it's not a literal "sword" it still maneuvers like one and a crowd cannot tell the difference

It's like when you can't remember something you get.... short term.... kidney failure, that's gotta be it, something wrong with your kidneys...
---------------------------------
Love Peace Chicken Grease, Live Laugh Love