Forums > Other Toys > where to get fire swords?

Login/Join to Participate

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
So far I have only found 2 sites where they offer fire swords.

I remember seeing one site which had a matched pair....the coolest part was that the pommels fit together to make a kind of double-ended fire sword like what Darth Maul uses in the Phantom Menace. I can't find that site again, though.

Does anybody have any ideas where I could find good fire swords?

Thanks!

Raph

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Raph (you always were my favourite turtle, you know that, don't you? )
please maketh sure that french customs regulations don't require you to prove your martial artness/collector status as they do in ozland.
It may save you a few hundred euros, or as we say over here, 'dollars'
to quote alf: "good luck on your flamin' search!"

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
I travel all over the world with my fencing equipment and rarely does it cause a stir. When it does, its usually out of curiosity since the customs agent has never seen an epee before so I take one out, show that its not pointy and I go on my way.

I imagine I'll have similar luck with fire swords.

Favorite turtle, eh? Mine was always Yurtle, but I'm a Dr. Seuss fan.

Raph

WintermuteLost in the world but loving it :)
119 posts

Posted:
I found the fire sword your talking about here:
https://www.deadflesh.org/fear/firetoys.html

And bearclaw also sell fire swords, but if your a fencer surely you could get an old rapier or epee or something and wrap wick round it with steel wire??

Anyways good luck dude

If fishes were wishes we'd all cast nets

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
I can seem to get that url to load. You sure its correct?

I CAN get old epee blades, but I think they are too thin for the kind of moves people seem to do with fire swords..

Raph

Axenewbie
28 posts

Posted:
I've just got hold of a couple of bokken, and am gonna see what I can do with them. Gotta soak them in some sort of fire-retardant before wrapping them in wick though......

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
bokken might work..

I'm still trying to get on that site..without any luck

Raph

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
I finally got my browser to get me to the website with the fire swords I have been trying to find again.

I ordered a pair.

I can't wait to play with more firestuff!!

Raph

WintermuteLost in the world but loving it :)
119 posts

Posted:
So you ordered some from tha site i gave you the url for????????

If so cool, and how much was the postage to france?????????

And remember to show us some piccys when they arrive, and which type did you get???

If fishes were wishes we'd all cast nets

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
I ordered the lightweight ones, because they lock together.

Postage isn't too much of a problem since I'm having them sent to my parents place in NY.

I'll post pics!

Raph

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
wow there's a picture of maximus on that site.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by arashi:
wow there's a picture of maximus on that site.
You mean, the guy from Gladiator?

Raph

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
I founs some nice katana-based ones on the bearclaw site

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

Elementalmember
9 posts

Posted:
Fire swords. Go to a military relic shop ask for the ceapest shitiest swords they got. Make sure there solid and off you go with a new, used sword. Then get some wick and wrap it up.

Peace love,

P-Nut

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
Hi swordspersons,
The problem with the URL of my site is probably because it is an "adult filtered" site. Sorry about that.

peace,
Maximus (the one from HoP)

6,978 posts

Posted:
woop! the max-man returneth!
what news have you, oh firey one!!?

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
Hello bender, my friend!
I see you are still posting like a madman.
Yeah, I came back to the forums to find out what other fire folks were doing at Burning Man.
I've been busy with my pirate reenactment group. I actually get paid to dress up like a pirate and swordfight and shoot off my blackpowder pistol.
Since Burning Man last year I have tried to change and improve my performance. I have learned fire breathing, stiltwalking, and fire hula hoop. I go for zero drops and a more entertaining, dancey style.
Also, been making lots of fire toys from hula hoops to ankle units made for a capoiera troupe.
(You might like a pair.)
Yesterday I was walking around downtown dressed as a dayglo orange griffin on stilts with a six-foot silver wingspan...
So I guess I'm up to the same old stuff.
How have you been?

Maximus

6,978 posts

Posted:
lol you sound like the consummate burning man citizen!! heh heh. grate to hear about your non_stop growth! i haven't even begun to even *think* about proper costumes!
ima just going through a boring video compilation phase to tide me over 'till the summer morns
I can email ya if want when she's completed!
isn't there a crazy amount of fire fiends on HoP, hey? all we need now are firetwirlers in key places of world governance, and we'll secede away from the rest of humanity!
kinda like a pirates' cove only with more parrafinthan parrots.
aar!

NeserGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
I've been browsing around the web looking at the various sites that sell the swords - so far two that look good are FireByRiz and BearClaw.

I may be leaning towards BearClaw though as apparently one of the sword designs there can be used in combat (my friend is rather insistant about having a combat fire sword). Anyway, question is - has anyone had any experience with them with regards to how long they last, (in combat, etc), quality and also the flame effect produced? The site didnt supply any images of the combat version lit up. frown

~ Neser

Fuel your fascination, burn your desire and dance with flames

marcoenthusiast
328 posts

Posted:

I wouldn't know about bearclaw or firebyriz products, since I manufacture all my own kit, the last pair of combat fire swords I adapted / made were based on a single layer wrap, rated for combat use, burning times for these are about 3 minutes approx, depending predomiantly on attack speeds and movement speeds, the next versions I make will be dual / tripple layer wrap / and or sleeved and should run for much longer.

mark

Flaeyr_Munklefistnewbie
24 posts

Posted:
I noticed this problem too (lack of fire swords). No worries though, since I make my own. Still not sure about HOPs policies about outside shop links, so if anyone is interested in another source for fire swords, just PM me and I'll speak with you about it. Also, I should be editing this post shortly to show a few examples of what can be made (and with modification, combat worthy, I believe).

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/Sargoth/singleswordwicked.jpg
- This sword is four feet long from tip of hilt to tip of blade, and man is it heavy. White gas flames are about three feet high during full intensity, so I have to keep spinning it or I lose arm hair. So much for giving at least one foot of clearance between my hands and the end of the wick.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/Sargoth/twinswordsunwicked.jpg
- My new twins, they will be wicked tommorrow on the top jut of the blade (then checked to see if it gives a glinting metal effect on the rest of the blade or if it needs more fire). Happily enough, they have false edges, so no grinding for me.
EDITED_BY: Flaeyr_Munklefist (1142758297)

There was once a man who dreamt he was a butterly, and when he awoke, he wished he would wake again to find his wings.

NeserGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
Ah, ha!

"In regards to your sword I presume that you are Australia? As we are. I need to know a few measurements on the blade/ handle length and width etc. Did only want one?"

I'll have to see how this works out. smile

~ Neser

Fuel your fascination, burn your desire and dance with flames