Forums > Other Toys > Getting into BTB with meteors

Login/Join to Participate

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
I've been wondering about ways to get into BTB weave with meteors.

It's straightforward to start with them behind your back and go into it, but not so striaghtforward to go into it from other moves.

Whereas with poi you can just slot them behind, meteors are effectivly poi joined together and the middle bit prevents it.

Last night I had a really vivid dream- I was doing a front butterfly with the meteors, then I jumped over the middle section and was straight into a BTB weave!

It was so real! And it's so unlikely that I'll ever pull it off, but for those with althletic ability I'm sure it's a feasable move and would look quite spectacular.

Has anyone developed a consistent way of getting into BTB with meteors.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Today I think I found a nice way to get into BTB weave with meteors: -

facing west doing a one hand figure eight in left hand, start to feed it behind back whilst turning to face North, take with right hand (as in normal passing behind back) but also keep hold with left hand- as you complete turn to face East the left hand directs the left side of meteors to the left side of your body, from there you can go into BTB weave with the middle section of the meteors behind your waist.

Managed to almost pull it off a couple of times today, and I reckon with practice it'll work well.

Anyone got other ways of entering BTB with meteors?

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Dave, put that bit of string down and come and play with some staffs.

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Are you calling my meteors a 'bit of string'?

If so then it's time that you put down those bits of wood and started to play with some real toys.

I understand you may be put off by the fact that, unlike staffs, meteors do require a modicum of skill.

However, I've seen you spin, you're not that bad, definitely there's some raw talent there; with practice and good instruction I'm sure you could grasp some meteor basics.

Do let me know if you need a few tips.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
cheers One Wheeled sensei, I look forward to getting some basics down next tiem we spin.

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
You could just use one hand in staff form to do a forward 2 beat weave in front of your body, then by using either left hand to left side or right hand to right side you can do the reach and cross over behind your back with one hand then as it passes the opposite side BTB then grab the middle with the other hand.

Hope that helps

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Cheers Jez,

I think that's what I was talking about above, but your description is a lot more succinct.

Have you got this move pretty solid? I'm finding that when they come up both sides at the end of it that it's really tricky going into the BTB weave.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
It is a pretty tricky move but as long as the momentum takes it across to the other side the grab is quite easy in my opinion. If it helps practice 2 beat in one hand btb.

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Are we definitely talking about the same move?

i.e. not doing a staff type pass behind back to other hand and coming out the other side, but instead, 1/2 way through letting the ends go up either side of body and entering a poi style BTB weave with the middle section of the meteor behind you.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,

I do the btbweave with metiors, and i get into it just like that, I find i have to turn the hand the doing the forward figure eight so that both hands have the wick-end comming out from the heel (pinky) of the hand, when it comes out, it come out backwards figure eight.

the real bitch is to do the same move but one handed, so that the left ghand sweeps it to the right, cange to the right hand and take to the left, all btb. this is even more fun.

fyi: the metior rotor (just spinning it staff fdorm infront of you) is by far the easiest with a thumb extension.

try leg wraps staff form.

T

[ 13. July 2003, 02:35: Message edited by: +) ]

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti