gretelmember
47 posts

Posted:
this may a stupid qn to most.. but i had never heqard of devil sticks till i came to this site...
what r they?

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
Hi Gretel

Check out Devil stick web site

Funny looking guy, but you'll get the idea check out the trick pages.

Enjoy

Ads

Is that magnets!?

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
Hokey Cokey...thought I'd post in here rather than cluttering up the tricks thread.

My stick is getting severaly battered now, it's one of those moreballsthanmost ones with the holographic plastic/foil covering. It's all start to flake with the results being that my hand sticks don't grip it very well anymore. Does anyone know where I can find some similar material, or haev any suggestions of any other good covering material?

Ta stickheads
N

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
Hi Nath

The covering stuff is quite hard to get hold of and even harder to put on! My plan is to strip mine and paint it, the grip is not quite as good but still works well. You can try that, i intend to use some fluro colours so it'll be nice and pretty!

Ads

Is that magnets!?

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
Huh? It's just Circus tape available from any circus/stoner/fancydress shop. I have found that thickly wound duct tape is even better though.
But that's just me.

My cat's breath smells like catfood

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Okay with your sticks goin bad, try using a bicycle innertube. Mine is made from that, it has great grip and its pretty damn durable. Just slash the innertube cut it into two or however many pieces and wind it around the sticks.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
oooh lots of suggestions... eexxxcceellent

tennis, it's got tape on it at the ends but the main shaft is covered in a green holographic plasticy foil. Not tried looking too hard for it yet as I've been too busy. I'm gonna buy myself a new one anyway, so I might experiment with different coverings on my old one.

I like the innertube idea...which reminds me. Has anyone got a stick they can play with in the wet? As soon as mine gets a bit of moisture on it just loses grip and becomes exasperating to play with.

....anyway, I'd better go to work now.

ciao stick heads

N

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
When the main shaft gets moist you just have to be extra careful. Ha Ha
I personally don't like the idea of rubber on the main shaft it get's in the way...ok i'll stop now
Anyhoo i find that rubber sticks that litte bit too much. but thats just me. Experiment it's the best way to find out i know someone who used carpet on their devil for rain but i just go inside!
Nathdaninja i have just moved near to Manchester for a month or so and live in a tiny caravan at the end of the Airport runway so if you ever feel like meeting up and sharing ideas the send me a message i'm always up for meeting new people.

Tennis

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
The wet devil stick thing apparently works if you use tennis grip on the devilstick. Never seen it but have been told it works is an idea anyway.

Ads

Is that magnets!?

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
it doesn't sorry. I tried it and ruined the devil

Practice indoors and just try really hard not to break stuff.
Without sounding wierd it actually helps cos you get used to being really fast and in control.
My reflexes have become lightning since i broke our new video player.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I've been inspired to give devil sticks a lash since I was in London, they look fantastic.

I'm not sure what to buy though, I was thinking about buying the more expensive ones in the HOP shop but I'm not sure what I should buy.

Like there's the 2 different shapes. I don't know if one is easier or if one of them may become limiting if I ever get better. Just don't like spending money unless I know what I'm doing.

Anyone have any advice?

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
A company called 'Absolute'make a nice budget holographic stick, looks well flashy, handles OK, retails about £15 including handsticks.

p.s. don't be tempted to skimp a couple quid by getting rubber covered handsticks, the silicon ones are far better.

For outdoors/in the wet A.J.A make a cloth covered stick but it's about £26.

Butterfinger stock both the above.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!