[({PoiToi})]member
98 posts

Posted:
Hey.. I finally got my kevlar today smile AND 4" wide is BIG! Anyway while messing around trying to figure out how i orded 6 feet of kevlar and had small cathedral wicks, i decided to try something new.. I don't know if all your cointries have the same way to fold your flag, but in the USA we fold one corner across and then keep folding the triangle over. I'm sure someone can explain it better than I can. But anyway when I was done I had this 2" thick triangle with a small hole on the "top" corner, and larger ones on the base.. I was wondering if thses would be a good idea? I mean would they burn well and everything? i've never used kevlar before so i have no idea. THey seem to spin well and have nice bvalance, they don't vibrate or anything bad like that.. lete me know your thoughts! smile Thanks Jon I.

---Formerly known as RaverRomantic---

AIM: RaverRomantic

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Funny, I JUST posted in the technical section about a similar style of folding taught to me by my homie out in Jersey.You fold in half, then at 45 degrees, then in half, then at 45 degrees... So inside you've got triangles but the poi itself looks like a regular square cathedral made with one strand. I like em because they're really soft. Also I hold em together with a wire hanger so they have no bolt at all in them and hurt about as much as a sock puppet when you hit yourself...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
where do you put the coat hanger in? does it just run up the center of the folds instead of a bolt? is it a pretty simple method (like stab it through?) or does it require a drill and other tools and bits?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I run it up one corner of the wick and down the other (so it looks like a "U" that has skewed the wick). Then twist together at the top, bend the exposed hangar down into the wick and I'm done. Quicklink on to the hangar end.I like it because the wick will, after a few burns, curl around the hangar and there is NO exposed metal at all (which is what gives really quick burns.)I am always careful to check the hangar as I'm sure it's not as strong as a bolt, it's never given me trouble. It's VERY simple, requires no tools, you just work the hangar through the fabric. Takes maybe ten minutes after you've got it down. Of course you need to fold down the extra wick ends a few layers down into the structure but you knew that. smileProps to Doug.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

[({PoiToi})]member
98 posts

Posted:
huh.. i still don't think I get what you mean NYC.. I just was gonna but a bolt through the "top" of the wick and thenstick a washer and stuff at the bottom, and a quick-link on top it seems like that would be an easy way.. but do they burn as long/well/bright as Cathedral wicks? i ised to spin huge towel wicks and i like fire!! Jon I.

---Formerly known as RaverRomantic---

AIM: RaverRomantic