Forums > Other Toys > fire whip... hmmmmmmmmmm

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
funkymonkymember
192 posts

Posted:
wow........ just saw it in the shop..... wow.... could anyone give me a breif on the principles of moves for it or is it more for the prettyness?

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
A whip has different properties compared to a jump rope . Think about how a whip moves when you flick it and stuff .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

fireninjamember
34 posts

Posted:
quote:
fireninja: I'd be fascinated to see any still pix or footage that you have of fire fetish shows, 'specially the one you mentioned....I looked around on your site but I had a hard time finding the promised 'mature content'
well it took much longer than originally anticipated but I fianlly put some fire fetish pictures up on my site.

here is a teaser:

The lighting on this one is such that it is not too naughty.

If you want more go to www.fireninja.com and click on the firewhip:fetish section. Note however, that my whipping girls are not wearing very much, so don't go unless you are a mature grownup.

-david

a.k.a. fireninja
EDITED_BY: Malcolm (1069384462)

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Oh charles i've figured out how to do a really funky throw with whip's.

What i do is go from a grab from my glove (im holding it near the cracker) . Swing it in a upwards direction letting it sort of wrap around my wrist to let it go up straight . I'll up load a picture soon,.

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

BurningGirlmember
5 posts

Posted:
So...I've seen live fire whip twice & have checked out Fire Ninja's pics and recently become interested. I plan to practice much with the leather one I bought in Mexico a while back before ever lighting up...to me it looks second only to blowing in danger level. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has seen the movie Underworld...there's a great scene at the end with a double whip weave...the first thing in my mind was fire.

~Willow~ If you love something...set it on fire.

Fire By Riz tmmember
212 posts

Posted:
Yes I saw underworld. That was a killer weave scene with the whips .Using a mexican leather whip is great for prcatice if you can get one of thoose to crack and handle well you wil be able to crack just about any whip.keep in mind cracking a whip is all about form and not muscle.If you look in the HOP shop they are carying a fire whip video it will show you everything you need to know for basic whip cracking and a safe way to use a fire whip.

I have been cursed with the imagination to envision it all

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Oh Riz before i forget do you redo the wicking on the whip
(it need's to be saved).

Fire By Riz tmmember
212 posts

Posted:
Needs to be saved ????? You must be using the crap out of that whip.
yes I designed the whip to be rebuildable. I can re braid the outer wrap just as long as the core isnt too damaged.

I have been cursed with the imagination to envision it all

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Riz i just sore you video thats a really funky throw you do with them . It's informative and helpfull as well .

How big are your set of double whips 3 1/2 4 foot long ?.

Frederick the RecklessBRONZE Member
Troupe Leader and founder, Fire and Steel
241 posts

Posted:
my favorite move is something i call the Ripcord. i use up the excess in fuel in the whip, and when it's done giving off fireballs, i swing the whip wide and slow across my body, ending with the whip handle at my opposite hip. the whip wraps my hips, upper legs, and left calf...(7-foot whip) and at the end of the wrap, i pull the handle, dragging the whip back out of the spiral. it leaves flaming trails on my pants, and i get a lot of oddball comments about having a hot ___... but it is a fun trick, particularly when the audience members try to tell you your pants are on fire, and all you respond with is...."yes, i know... thank you." there are pics in my gallery.

Frederick the Reckless,
Troupe Leader,
Fire and Steel

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Hello you whip lovers smile,

past weeks I'm beginning to feel a growing urge to buy a firewhip, though I'll probably buy a leather one first to practise with. Now I'm searching the internet for shops, and I was wondering if you might have some tips for me.

shops with firewhips -> I'm only able to find www.bearclawmfg.com and www.firewhip.com [is this the old darkrizen.com?].

Are there any other shops selling firewhips, and is there any quality difference between the stores?

And for european shops with whips I've turned to ebay, and for practising purposes I think I will buy a 8 ft 4 plait whip, is that a good length to start with? Since 6 ft seems to be the standard length...

any tips welcome ubbangel

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I've got a work stock whip just like that .
I've would of started with a shorter lenght just cause it's easier to crack . You should really check out riz's site really nice in there .

Page: