PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:

Sorry, I had to.

Malcolm, in another thread you discussed with Arcane that you have some honed skills in two ball juggling. Since I embarked on a juggling journey only a couple weeks ago...I can handle two well and three not-so-well. Noah is also trying his hand, but is intimidated by 3 balls.

So...can you share with us some of these two ball moves? If anyone else knows many/any can they share as well please?

I can do two in one hand..fairly well on the right, not so fairly well on the left. *shrug*
That is the extent of my two ball prowess...except the ever popular...scoop-throw-catch....

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
There is a two ball move that I can only dscribe as split time toss(Because I don't know any juggling terms)

You toss one so it meets the other which is on it's way down midway through it's flight path. When you catch it you kind of catch it and let your hand carry the momentum a little bit and then toss that one so it meets the other one midways through while it falls.

so your hand is moving back and forth to catch them, it's important to keep the flight paths consistant and a good rythm. I have seen contact jugglers do this to add some air time variety to their routine.

Im not sure if that makes any sense.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
if you look at the moves list on contactjuggling.org and select 2 ball I think there are a few others that aren't quite contact juggling due to the amount of throwing and lack of content, but still have that sort of silky illusion look that CJ has.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Throw from either hand, anywhere round body to catch anywhere round body, at any time, to any height.

Include dance, body and legs.
Try each with 1/2 turn and full turn under the throw.

You might want to work on this with one ball first

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
oooh...im doing 2 ball stuff as well..

its all about keeping them moving (well duh!) fluidly (double duh!) and smoothly (ditto)

AdsDs is still the daddy at two ball stuf...i thought i knew most of it...them he shows me last night stuff i cant even now work out...

FireMeccaBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
It sounds as if Astar may be describing part of a 3-ball pattern with two balls. That's the step I usually teach someone before they take on 3 balls. Just imagine the three-ball pattern, but only do 2 balls of it. you end up getting the alternating feeling with one hand occasionally doing nothing. Essentially, one ball following another in a figure-eight type pattern.

This was introduced to me as "vamping," when you do fewer balls in a pattern designed for more (not the definition of a Vamp, though). It could also be considered "flashing" 2 balls in a 3-ball pattern. Flashing occurs when all balls are in the air at the same time.

FA

[ 01. May 2003, 09:41: Message edited by: Flamma Aeterna ]

That which does not kill me, only makes me stranger.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
No it's like this only with one hand, and without the switching up of the balls.

https://contactjuggling.org/moves.php?action=read&id=15

Im pretty sure ive seen it in one of the videos before.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Maybe it would help if I can clarify what I can do already?

I am so-so at contact juggling. Have the legistics, just need the practice.
I can do two in one hand.
I can do two back and forth and 'round body parts.

What more is there?

Thanks to all for your input! More I say..more more!!!!

Pele

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
pele you can do hakey-sack type moves. Im not sure if they match your style or the type of balls you use. Like ankle and foot stalls, shoulder and neck stalls etc... ofcourse once you stall catch it you do fancy kick throws and stuff to put it back in action. Im sure you know what im talking about. A dash of it in moderation might be kind of cool.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
My favourite two ball for audiences...

1. Juggle two balls in one hand. (black & green)

2. Catch the green one coming down and turn your hand over and flatten the back of your hand. It's easier to hold the underneath ball with just your thumb.

3. Catch the still-falling black ball on the flattened top of your hand.

4. Flick your wrist up so the black ball is pushed up into the air a bit and the green ball is flung much higher into the air.

5. Snatch (downward catch like a cat swiping) the black ball and flatten the top of your hand again.

6. Catch the green ball on the top of your hand.

7. Repeat three to four times, pretending to almost drop it even more with each repetition!

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
My names not pele but I watched it anyways

Pretty cool stuff.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Thank you Malcolm!!!!
You Rock!
Now, if only I can figure out what you are doing???

Pele

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
more please... says UCOF with a huge grin on his face,..

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Cool. Now I'm all jealous that you've got a juggling vid and I haven't...

So I took a small mpeg with my camera, and the frame rate is too slow to really see what's going on.

Bugger!

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?