fieryfiendmember
48 posts

Posted:
Went to coachella music and arts festival in palm springs california and among other things saw a group playing fire soccer. It was quite entertaining (also entertaining watching the crowd trying to decide what to make out of it). It was a super small field and people would grab and throw the flaming bal once in awhile. Just thought I'd share...

Two wrongs don't make a right but three lefts do

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:

Eeeexcellent, I'd love to see that

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

fireninjamember
34 posts

Posted:
I knew some performers who whould play "flaming stilt soccer": they would soak a ball in kerosene and then kick it around while all wearing big stilts. I don't know what kind of ball they used.

You saw this in California? Was this the kids form MagmaVOX? If so its the same people that I'm talking about.

-david
david@fireninja.com
www.fireninja.com

Magickal_Kaleidoscopemember
119 posts

Posted:
sounds like fun
you could also add new meaning to hot potato wif this game

Magickal_Kaleidoscopemember
119 posts

Posted:
sounds like fun
you could also add new meaning to hot potato wif this game

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
you can play fire soccer with a roll of soaked toilet paper, if you're drunk and mindless enough

fireninja, you know eros and sarafina?

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Fire Monkeymember
176 posts

Posted:
we sometimes used to play fire tennis with firelighter blocks!
Dousn't burn you!
And its fun throwing fire at each other!

Every ones a monkey!
Yes even you!

squarefishSILVER Member
(...trusty steed of the rodeo midget...)
403 posts

Posted:
Guys:
Forget about soccer, think fire hurling or jai alai instead, fastest land based games in the world. Get the ball (sliotar in hurling)drill through the ball along the x,y and z axis with a hole saw, fill with wick, wire it up, soak in fuel, light it up, grab your hurley stick, AND PLAY BALL!
Get the nearest irish person to explain how tough regular hurling is to you then describe "fire hurling" to them... watch them wince...

anyone want to play in my garden?
squarefish (dublin)

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
done fire rugby against some rugby boys,

big jessies wouldent even go for the ball!

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
I would hate to ref a fire soccer match...

Imagine what would happen if you called offsides!!

Raph

fireninjamember
34 posts

Posted:
quote:
fireninja, you know eros and sarafina?
Yeah, but not very well. We had a lot of mutual friends in Seattle. I performed with them once at a rave in Seattle years ago when I was in Animated Fusion -- in fact Eros was one of the ones to push me to perfrom blindfolded that night, which I remember because it was the first time I had done it on stage.

I know Mason, Michael Greenwood and David Wilson much better, but I don't know if they are still in MagmaVOX.

At burning man last year some MagmaVOX members, former MagmaVOX people, and random others including myself formed up into MV2 to do the conclave show before the man burned. We were on the stage at about 110 degrees. Unfortunately, eros and sarafina were doing a show at SeaWorld and couldnt be there. I think I still have pictures of of the show on my website.

anyway arashi... how do you know these guys?

-david
david@fireninja.com
www.fireninja.com

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
sorry to hijack this thread, but fireninja has no pm mailbox...
ran into them in a hotel lobby, we were both being hired to do shows by a production company in miami. we hit it off like magnets in a box full of metal filings. haven't seen them since although we have some mutual freinds now, even. never met the rest of their crew either. when i first saw eros, we both were walking in this huge 5 star hotel, filled with guys in suits, us walking around looking like fairy fire frEaKs with tie straps and bells and shredded sheer fabrics, and did a double take on each other, like, whoah, who's that freakie-deakie? i guess that crazy head is still working for sea world, huh? steady jobs must be nice sometimes... *grumble* goes off to heat up some ramen noodles...

-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i played fire rugby with +) and bluecat, agaisnt Edinburgh's murryfield wonderers. big guys too.
tom i have that on video too the finished vid that got sent to TV companies

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
so your holding out on us and not posting video clips of giant rugby players smashing you into the ground. WITH FIRE?

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
wow we can finally have our revenge on the jocks of the world, we can show them up, get them back for all the weggies, spitballs, and unrighteously stolen babes back in high school. I AINT FRAID OF NO FIIIRE! LET"S KICK THEIR A$$!!!!!

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
i think i shoud just point out that anyone that kicks a football that is onfire is clinically insane.

What am i saying, i spin fire...

fire footie is mad, **** that

Fire jai alai would be fun tho...

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
cant post that video dude, its not ours! it was made for TV pilot a few months back, i was given a VHS copy for help with fiming work and joining in with the action ie: riding round on a fire BMX popping a few stunts
the vid also has some awsome other stuff from, fire rollerblading, fire capoeira, fire stilt race in which +) lost fire rugby, seducing peacocks with fire now that was funny. if only you could see it. a good reason to come and visit Edinburgh.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
someday.