• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > Home Of Poi stand aside...theres a new web page on the block..

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 12
Superman
Superman

Total posts: 829
Posted:I dont know Malcom you might want to take some notes..
Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link
http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~amoch/rave/glowsticking.htmlSuper'------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Insatiable fire-faerie (Angie)
Total posts: 150
Posted:this has just jogged a little 'ditty' I think someone used on here some where....... "May all your words be sweet, cause one day you may have to eat them."

"You've got red on you!" Shaun of the Dead

Charles
Charles

Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
Total posts: 3989
Posted:***Takes off his moderator cap, rips it up into teeny weenie pieces and drops it into the piranha tank...***Hi Themoch. I'm not talking in any offical capacity here at HoP (note the missing moderator cap).Your site is great (my note of "10/10 for enthusiasm"), but it's style is a little different from what a lot of www surfers expect.Welcome to the net...and all the baggage that can come with it. It's an unfortunate fact that when you have a web-presence, people will form opinions of you from the site and without meeting you. Heck, I'm assuming it was you putting up that post, but it could be someone pretending.I'm in a similar sort of position as a moderator on here where people can be agressive and react to me as a NAZI PIG, if I write something they don't like, but thats the risk we all take when we make a webpage, write a comment on a bb etc.I'm sorry if any of this has offended you, as I am when anyone gets offended for any reason.Feel free to pick me to pieces or flame me on my email above, I'll be pleased to take the flak for my comments and anyone elses on this thread, but they are all the things that people think when they look at your site, so its good to get feedback, rather than just another x=x+1 for site visits.Peace love & mungbeans.------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttp://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Superman
Superman

Posted:i started the thread i take full responsibility...I thought your cute litle pictures were funny, and i admire anyone that will stick their neck out and create a web page about something they enjoy doing.But come on yourself...Forking??? At first i thought it could be a little funny, but i was expecting like 2000 forks covering someones yard. I look at the picture and there is about 10, accompanied by some spoons and some knives.Besides, if you billboard something like that on the inter-web for all to see, youre going to have a critic. In your case you have a a whole message board spaning several countries. I have an idea, why dont you join this board, learn some real moves, get rid of your Mr. Bill crayola drawings on your web page, and link to this one instead? Then you can pick better prankster practices like Pots & Panning, penciling, or dare i say it......? Egging! Then youll be running with the big dogs.I still dont think you are who you say you are...but if you are welcome to HOP. [image]http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif">Superman------------------[/image]He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

- Mark Twain

Posted:Spuerman,Just a few things to amend. The music genre is regarded as electronica and not electricona! This is pretty elementary stuff, maybe you just spelt it wrong! Also, your defintions of Jungle and Trance need some attention. Here's my advice: Jungle: 170bpm jump up and rolling breakbeat incorporating deep dark basslines with a variety of trance, dub and darkside samples, a style of music synonymous nowadays with the term 'drum and bass'. Trance: Standard 140 bpm 4 beat bar with scaling drum rolls to incorporate speed within trancing psychadelic samples.I just came up with these quickly, if you want some more advice email me at djsalinger@hotmail.com and I'll try to help. I've been mixing dnb in clubs for a while now and produce as well so get in touch if you need.Fair play for initiating your own site with this perspective, although I must finally add that there are a lot of quality dance music sites out there, have a look around and maybe provide links to them in your site.Good luck,Dave(DJ Salinger)p.s. you must be an American right!

glowshow
Total posts: 406
Posted:I love it when people will read through an entire thread and forget what they saw and when they saw it by the time they reach the bottom to post a reply. I mean, after all, that one guy was only trying to tell us about the stuff that he did that time. It was just his opinion and I feel that they had the right to react the way that they did, and.......YEAH! and stuff...
Non-Https Image Link

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

Superman
Superman

Posted:ok glowshow...i see your point. I think my previous reply was unfair, so i deleted it. I think i have let this shitty work day work its way into my responses.I reread his post and it seemed he was trying to educate more than flame. I think the "you must be an American" sort of urked me a little.But i still dont know what the Hell he is talking about.And i hope his rogue post finds its way to its intended reader..."SPUEPER"

- Mark Twain

Cantus
Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity
Total posts: 15965
Posted:SupermanDJ salinger isn't actually talking to you. He's talking to the lad that has the bizarre glowsticking/forking site. He assumed that cos you posted the thread that it's your site.He's just explaining to the kid that his descriptions of jungle and techno are slightly wrong.He wasn't having a go at you or flaming or whatever. DJ SalingerYou've accidently assume the wrong thing, mate. Superman doesn't have the website. A guy called Andrew Moch does. He's only 18 and a tad innocent.And yes he's american
Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link
------------------C@ntus[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 02 November 2001).]

"I'll carry this....It's harder to spill a hat" - Chellybean
"...like a rabbit caught in a lighthouse?" - Chellybean

Superman
Superman

Posted:thanks Cantus...Misunderstandings being tossed every-which-way. I guess i was looking for something to be pissy about. Its all gravy.The guy's name is Andrew??? Man that is creepy.....Super'

- Mark Twain

PK_
PK_

Lambretta Fanatic

Total posts: 4991
Posted:bump! for pure hilairiality [sp]

PK.

"To be an angel, one need not have wings.
In giving love there is an equal grace.
Nor need one seek the aura in the face,
As love unveils the beauty of all things."

*Francois Couperin.

vanize
vanize

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3899
Posted:can't beleive that site is still up! ubblol

and what happened to superman anyway?!?

that durned wife of his get the better of him or what?

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

PK_
PK_

Lambretta Fanatic

Total posts: 4991
Posted:i presume so!, shame he was funny.

PK.

"To be an angel, one need not have wings.
In giving love there is an equal grace.
Nor need one seek the aura in the face,
As love unveils the beauty of all things."

*Francois Couperin.

clarence_quack
clarence_quack

QuackerJack
Total posts: 1927
Posted:I wish the site was up now. I'm extremely curious...

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

Fire_Moose
Fire_Moose

Elusive and Bearded
Total posts: 3597
Posted:me too

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Curly_Sue
Curly_Sue

laughter is the way to get through life
Total posts: 179
Posted:Oh my IT team have been working in overdrive and I am forbidden. Damn them

I fell down a hill once, got up then fell down it again.

Page: 12