poiboymember
22 posts

Posted:
idle wonderings...how many people in the world twirl (anything)?what percent of them are actually serious poiers?what percent of poi moves come from traditional Maori poi?oh and last night i just got my first direct open-eye hit from the glosticks. shocked Spinning fast, too. Not even the nads hurt so bad; it took about 20 minutes recovery and my eye is still red. I did some estimation, and found that there is a 1/1,500 chance of getting hit in the eye, and a 1/1,750 chance of getting hit in an open eye.But then I realized that even knowing the percentages involved does not help me at all, so I guess I'll just twirl and take my lumps.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
thank you for such a provocative question poi boy. I'll leave it to the other fantastic individuals on this board to freely demonstrate their intellect in responding to your post. grin[This message has been edited by flash fire (edited 25 October 2001).]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
There are a lot more nerves in the eye and it's surrounding area than in your....erm....sensitive region. This is because (and i know i'm gonna get stick for this) your eye is a much more necessary organ than your other bit....As to percentages, if the club i was in on friday night is anything to go by, about 55% of the population do poi.... tongue------------------C@ntus

Meh

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
LOL, is this a serious post?should i go do a survey or something lol!------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

GaBBeRave19member
72 posts

Posted:
i got hit in the open eye spinning glowstix over a year ago it took me an hour before i could open it and its still red

flashmember

Posted:
i only spin poi 'comets' for a couple of years now my damage begin a few sore eyes from doing btb stuff. i'm thinking you guys might be crazy doing this stuff. but if it looks good hey

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
yeah Phunky! Fetch a clipboard. You take that side of the street and I'll take this side. Ask everyone if they do poi and if they're happy with their detergent.Meet back here at three with your results. grin wink------------------C@ntus

Meh

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
heh smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====