Page: ...
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Fire Princess,just received the raspberry jam by mail yesterday night. and could not beleive my eyes... you are a woman of word indeed !!!MERCI !!!!
Non-Https Image Link
you rock !!!!please make sure you come to Paris to visit some time this year (we do have Eurostar now, and Eurolines too, it is a piece of cake... or pudding !!!)Anyway, AUspoiboy is gonna make fun of me again for being so excited about food... truth is I am even more excited to know we have such great people on the HOP ...shine on, Princess!Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
APB - the icecream was gone in like 2 min, it was the stick that took the long time smile they are about as long as a paddle pop stick, but nearly twice as wide at the ends due to the slight hour glass shape.Remember you have to be sure that the wood is all good and chewed up - don't want any splinters the next day blush

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
the first time i ate a Mars Bar, it was so good , it tooks me two hours to eat it, (thats INCLUDING the wrapper..) i think i drove my friend absolutely nuts she ate them all the time..\ grin

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Ohhh - have you tried a deep fried Mars or deep fried Snickers?? mmmm heart attack on a stick!!

4,224 posts

Posted:
deep fried mars bar ??? sounds amazing but how do you frie without melting it completely ???Have you ever tried deep fried ice cream ? (did I already post that question ? frown )shine onCassandra

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Plantains also come from the West Indies and Carribean. You can also dip them in honey and bake them or coat them in the fried milk mixture and fry them up that way..yummy! THey are fantastic with a side of homemade ice cream!I think I put the recipe for fried ice cream in the first section....Deep Fried Mars Bar? I think my arteries just clogged! smileCass I am not a vegitarian, you can cook for me anytime!...Then I will return the favor and by the time we get we will have to go spin it all off to keep from being rotund!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

4,224 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link
Pele, we definitely gotta do both these crazy dinners and the spinning afterwards otherwise I'll "roll" back home instead of walking...I knew we had allready discussed fried Ice cream, but it is my Alzheimer who did not remember it winkA bit off the "spreading" topic... but anyone likes chicken in mango and coconut milk ? Thai food is just amazing ... I actually plan on attending thai cooking courses while in thailand ... smileShine onCassandra

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Ahhhhh bendy.....i didn't think about that. grinBut really man im in victoria, its not like i don't know what a magnum is (ego arghhhhh *homer simpson style*)As for deep freid mars bars cass, its all a matter of having really hot oil, and doing the job very quickly and precisely. Just like when you deep fry ice cream. As for asian cooking....i went to a malaysian resturant last night, and it sold Indian food, chinese food, japanese food......but NO MALAYSIAN food.I was really dissapointed.CheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Well the deep fried Mars bars are meant to get all sloppy and melted - that is what makes them what they are!APB was right you gotta do it in hot oil, but because they are covered in batter, the batter seals and the gooey chocolate/caramel centre is contained within.Speaking of which: What does melted caramel sound like??

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
APB, thats what it is like in Malaysia tho, man, heaps of Indian people, Chinese ppl and some Malaysians...but oh man, the Indian food over there is sooooooo good, it cost me maybe $1.50 over there to eat giant helpings of lush vege banana leaf meals...where they full on serve you a meal on a banana leaf...ahhh!so cheap..it is a cool place, Malaysia..

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Just wanted to make sure that fire princess got the message that i got the jam (loganberry) its fantastic and there are some pics coming your way soon. Or maybe even a little video if im feeling up to the task.CheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

Fire Princessmember
130 posts

Posted:
Wahey! Enjoy winkHave you found out what loganberries are yet? WITHOUT using the internet?Much love,Princess xxPS: Sorry if I seem to be drifting away... the cold weather is sending me into hibernation!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Deep Fried Mars Bar... Mmmm... I've had two in my life and that was pushing it. My body's not designed for that much intense pleasure. They're intense!I may have to head across town this weekend and comsume my third... Look at what you guys are doing to me!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
NYC - Why not try a deep fried Snickers?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Snickers? Is that like a Marathon?Hold on, I've regressed!------------------C@ntusDance beneath the stars, we sound system, we the collective, with a open heart, we the solution - should be respected!

Meh

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Snickers is my candy bar of choice. I lived on King Sized Snickers in High School. Mostly because with the peanuts I could justify it as a meal winkBut in this case, you just want the fried caramel and chocolate. I don't think a fried snickers would be as good. Having your hands covered in slightly melded chocolate and "fried" stuff and caramel and .... YUMMY.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Deep fried:wagon wheelspenguinschocolate milkshake - I need to work on the recipe for this one but it definitely has legsKit-kat chunky (can't stand em myself. But well received by my tasting commitee)mint aero - are these solely english chocolate? Or do other people know what i'm rattling on about?These are all good.I need a new deep fryer....Dear Santa,I have been a very good boy this year (a lot more good than I was hoping to be) and I thought matbe you could see your way clear to giving me several gifts this year.Thank you, by the way, for the train set you gave me last year. Carving it out of coal was a nice touch. (This year I have been especially good so no coal will be necessary thank you!)here are the presents I would like:one deep fat fryer - the last one wore out due to excess chocolateone electroglow staff greenone electroglow staff red (if it's at all possible I would like this and the previous item at an earlier date. Preferably tomorrow grinSorry to take up your valuable time. Hope to see you soon.Love and hugs Cantusps this year, when climbing out of the fireplace be careful of the santa....oops. I mean....beartrap collection.------------------C@ntusDance beneath the stars, we sound system, we the collective, with a open heart, we the solution - should be respected!

Meh

Page: ...