Page:
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Fire Princess,just received the raspberry jam by mail yesterday night. and could not beleive my eyes... you are a woman of word indeed !!!MERCI !!!!
Non-Https Image Link
you rock !!!!please make sure you come to Paris to visit some time this year (we do have Eurostar now, and Eurolines too, it is a piece of cake... or pudding !!!)Anyway, AUspoiboy is gonna make fun of me again for being so excited about food... truth is I am even more excited to know we have such great people on the HOP ...shine on, Princess!Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

miss_rummageSILVER Member
63 posts

Posted:
i canny belieeeve it!noones has mentioned good ole peanut butta!its gotta be crunchy too. actually last week believe it or not i ate a whole god damn jar of peanut butta. not all at once either!hmmmm... im sure you all really need to know that! grin hee

stay smilin

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Cass, don't worry, it's not their fault they have this issue with Vegemite/Marmite. They were obviously force fed as children (blocked from memory due to the horrific memories) and now they're addicted. It's all the work of the Mite family and their evil plan to conquer the world!!Josh - 'vegemite on special for $5 (not $9!!)' just part of their plan to maintain your addiction, and it worked!!Nutella, now that's tastey!!(and yes, I forgot my medication this morning!)M
Non-Https Image Link
(**sneaks out for a smoke)**------------------"To seek the perfection of the warrior's spirit is the only task worthy of our temporariness, and our manhood" Carlos Castenada[This message has been edited by Marlboro (edited 25 October 2001).]

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

4,224 posts

Posted:
yes, yes peanut butter ... and why not jelly too while we're at it? winkI am a food nazi, I know !!! lolAnyone ever tried japanese "nato" ... nearly killed me too. I am sure that the japanese version of the "Miters" as Marlboro and I will call you from now on, is the Nato-ers" Nato is something like rotten soy beans ...I think I am sick again ..;By the way the most hilarious thing I heard from a Brit is the expression "totalk to god on a big white telephone" (hence throwing up above the toilets and screaming "oh ! god !) lolI'm down for a cigarette break too...shine onCassandra

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
SMOOTHIE RECEPIEa mate of mine woody who was at college in SC, USA used up the last of his stash before returning home to DC... this included small amounts of various substances, plus a lot of mushrooms. since there was no one else around to help him, he made it all into a smoothie with banannas and strawberries and drank it...he spent a full 4 days lying on the sofa, unable to move, just watching the second thingies ( ":" )flash on the video recorder... shocked and missed his lift home!...dont try this at home folks! smileFor anyone who wants a decent drink, go to a coctail recepie site on the net and find bananna, strawberry, raspberry etc. daquaries... they're awesome for summer parties!

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

4,224 posts

Posted:
DAIKIRI, DAIKIRI, DAIKIRI, DAIKIRI, DAIKIRI, DAIKIRI, DAIKIRI, DAIKIRI, DAIKIRI, DAIKIRI, DAIKIRI, DAIKIRI, DAIKIRI, DAIKIRI, DAIKIRI, DAIKIRI, DAIKIRI, DAIKIRI, DAIKIRI, DAIKIRI, DAIKIRI, DAIKIRI, DAIKIRI, DAIKIRI, DAIKIRI, I just love it... that and B52's, anybody know this one ? (no, not the plane ... no ! not the rock band ... the drink !!!)Shine OnCassandra

sandmanmember
65 posts

Posted:
There's a health food shop in Brighton where you can get CHILI peanut butter. And it's not that sweet, soft, light brown nappy-deposit-like Sunpat stuff, no, this more resembles a bunch of peanuts and chilis crushed up, drenched in peanut oil and compressed into a solid lump, because that's what it is. It has the consistency of semi-dry cement and tastes like a little piece of heaven.Try it with cheese... mmm...

Firefairymember
115 posts

Posted:
Ben and Jery's chocolate ice cream with prezels and peanut butter! Heaven.B52's is that Baileys n something? I couldnt kiss anyone with Marmite breath.

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
RESPECT- vegemite demands respect. smileAs for an addictive substance, you could be right there. Has anyone ever seen an american trying vegemite for the first time. (not that there is anything wrong with americans..........usually wink ) But they just hate it. Its like a lot of people hate cigarettes the first time they have one, but if you keep going back..........just like vegemite!!!I see now that the mites are just another large corporation trying to get people addicted to substances...........damn i wish i had will power smileCass, i know what you mean when you say that it can never work between us, You like nutella (satan) i like vegemite (satans son). Oh well. grinBTW- i know of kobe and of nutella. In my mind they go together like cigarettes and lung cancer.....hmmmm maybe thats a bad analogy.CheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Peanut Butter Cassi? Oh sure, you like it from SOME guys... just not that Dirty Yankee Peanutbutter...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Barbmember
13 posts

Posted:
I'm writing with some trepidation (following the thread of Marmite non-believers) but I felt compelled to mention Marmite and peanut butter on toast - gorgeous - and yes, it has to be crunchy.PS my partner can't stand peanuts or Marmite and refuses to come near me when I'm eating the above

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Vegemite, Marmite = scrunched up yuck faceThe mere mention of Peanut Butter maked me cringe (I must be the only American who despises Peanut Butter...and Peanuts! I get the strangest looks for that....)Better than Apple Butter and Nutella is homemade Pear Butter...yummy!What about jam or chutney made from the brewing fruit cast offs? It has that special kick that is really nice!Now, I wonder why no one has mentioned Fluff?Am I the only one who was subjected to Peanut Butter and Fluff constantly as a child?And no matter what your favorite spead, I can think of better things than toast to spread them on! wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

alleykatmember
49 posts

Posted:
Okay, I know I'm like a day late, but I had to post anyway, cuz since Philly Philly is where I am from (I realize I am probably the only one who knows that's a song), I have a great big grudge against Kobe. He's a meanie and a traitor. Alan Iverson, on the other hand, rocks my world (and got married on my birthday!!!). Go Sixers!!!Meanwhile, Nutella is the food of the gods. I had no idea that Kobe was the spokesperson. I find that rather upsetting.When people ask me what's good to eat Nutella on, I tell 'em, "[heh heh] Everything." *grins devilishly*------------------this little light of minei'm gonna let it shine...

this little light of minei'm gonna let it shine...

GaBBeRave19member
72 posts

Posted:

4,224 posts

Posted:
What is fluff ? I only know puff (the magic dragon).... but no idea what fluff is...As for spreading things not only on toast... I'm with you, Kim (poor joke attempt in reference to the movie "9 weeks 1/2 " ... anybody care to laugh just to make me feel better ?), but there are limits (quantities and type of food...) For example, I am fond of anchovie butter ... but then again ... only on toast winkShine oncassandraPS : NYC, I will not accept peanutbutter from *anyone*, you know how I hate it, it is a very touchy subject... I was just trying to be ironical wink[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 26 October 2001).]

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
oh HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ahhh thats a classic Cass (is that enough fake laughing wink )As for this thread all i have to say is"Weeeeeeeeeere happy little vegemites as bright as bright can bewe all enjoy our vegemite fore breakfast lunch and tea.Our mummy says were growing stronger every single weekbeeeeeeeeecoz we love our vegemit we all adore our vegemiteit puts a rose in every cheek.""And thats all i have to say about that"Cheers APB

Good on usGood on us all

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Cass, Fluff is this spread made out of marshmallows all mushed up and melted together. It is **very** thick and sticky....and now comes in a raspberry flavour that most closely resembles the flavouring they put in cough medincines.What about the peanut butter and jelly they sell in the jars together, where they are stripped in to fill the jar. I can't remember what it is called. Mom used to make me eat that too. (No wonder I hate peanut butter! :rolleyes smileAnchovie butter??? shockedI would love to laugh at your joke sweet sister but I haven't ever watched that movie the whole way through. I have no idea what you are talking about!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

smileemember
40 posts

Posted:
banana ice cream with apple hard candies, and gummybears! ohhh yeaaaa! The only thing better is hbanana ice cream with apple hard candies, gummy bears, and caramel! The there's sweet tarts, beef jerky, avacado, and sour apple blow pops! (not mixed though, just one savory indulgence at a time)

later - Smilee

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Again, I am in full agreement with my evasive countryman Alleykat. Nutella is quite good on EVERYTHING and doesn't leave everything sticky. Unlike whipped cream, which always sounds like a good idea but just gets gross and runny. I'm down with fluff but since Cassi won't let me eat peanutbutter anymore I guess I'm SOL.Also, please, let's stick with rule #1. This is clearly a poi and firespinning post on SPREADABLE FOODPRODUCTS. Please take your beef jerky elsewhere. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
FIG JAMSurprisingly hard to find, yet bloody good. Figs are highly under-rated. Fig jam is also an acronym for"F*** I'm Good, Just Ask Me" grin
Non-Https Image Link

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
I had a crazy idea the other night. I was at the movies and they talked about peanut butter and jelly. Well, you know how jelly in australia is actually what americans call jello? Well I was thinking, what would happen if you soaked a piece of bread in jelly (jello) fluid stuff, then chuck it in the fridge like normal jelly? Do you think it would turn out like a slice of jelly? Because personally I think that would be the coolest thing ever.

Insatiable fire-faerie (Angie)BRONZE Member
150 posts

Posted:
smileHe He ....your my kinda person Endangered sanity...Im gonna go and try it right now...Ill let u know how it comes out winkI too make raspberry jam and I love it best with bananas and cream.Ive never tried banana ice cream Smilie sounds yummy!talking of jams...I had a freind staying with me from south africa and she brought over some jams they make on her farm...watermelon, fig and mulberry...they were amazing smileAs for marmite/vegemite..I have to be in the mood for it. Its great on cheese on toast. A freind I know eats it with oysters...yuck!! Now that, to me, is grose.Happi spreadin smileAngie x ------------------"If you alway do what youve always done, youll always get what youve always got".....by 'someone wiser than me'

"You've got red on you!" Shaun of the Dead

4,224 posts

Posted:
Pele, darling, anchovie butter is amazing, I ll do it for you when you come to Paris, sis ...Fluff is not for me, that s for sure. And aboutthat peanut butter with jelly... I m gonna have to reconsider actually travelling to the US at all... this is getting too much ... NYC sweetheart, do you eat both at the same time ? No don't answer,I just don't want to hear about it... I am not ready for that ...Spread on Cassandra

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
Out of all the mites, marmite is my least favorite, but I will happily switch between vegemite and promite, try it on a crumpet with cream cheese mmmmmmmmmm.Jam also rules especially that rose petal stuff smileKobe Bryant and nutella? I know em both but never new they had an affiliation tongue

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

Fire Princessmember
130 posts

Posted:
Cor blimes!I go away and climb some mountains for a couple of days and all hell has broken loose!Cass - sorry I haven't replied to your email yet, I was shoving things in bags when I got it (oops, I mean, carefully packing...) I hope you are enjoying the jam!APB - Your jam is in the post. The lovely people in the post office told me it would get there in about 8 days about 8 days ago. Just be glad I didn't send it by sea mail... (took my parcel 4 months from Aus to UK). Marlboro - What do I look like? Some kind of jam shipping company??? Hmm, maybe there's an opening in the market for one... If you do come down and meet the Fireweavers, let me know when you're coming and I'll bring you up some grin .Sandman - Was that shop Infinity Foods? I got some white chocolate flavoured with lemon oil with bits of dried apple in it there last week (true story), oooh and some chilli chocolate too.As for the edible spreads debate:Nutella is good. Especially in crepes and eaten out of the jar with a spoon.Vegemite is like weak marmite. I am obviously a freak because I neither love nor hate them. I will eat either if there is nothing else, but I have to say if I was going to be force fed a whole jar it would have to be marmite.Mmmmmmm, squirty cream. I sometimes eat it with fake chicken (Quorn) slices, much to my flatmates amusement...As for disgusting things, I had some of 'Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans' (of Harry Potter fame) this weekend. The are like Jelly Bellies but mixed in with the normal flavours (strawberry, coconut etc) are _disgusting_ beans flavoured with horseradish, carrot and tomato. I ate some in the dark of the minibus last night and it was NOT a pleasant experience - can you imagine a mouthful of coconut, caramel, horseradish and tomato??? YUK!Much love (still reeling with the feeling),Princess xx[This message has been edited by Fire Princess (edited 30 October 2001).]

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
*sing along to the vegemite theme song*I'm a happy little partyeras bright as bright can beI love taking my acid, as well as XTCmy mumy says i'm going to fastand that i'll lose my mindbut i love taking my drugsI adore be ing highit puts a sparkle in evry eye smile wink rolleyes

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

4,224 posts

Posted:
YAY !!!Princess is back !!!!I was starting to wonder where you'd gone or if this whole spreading thread scared you away !Nice to have you back, much loveSHINE ONCassandra

150 posts

Posted:
Cassthought u might be interested in my new find.....Kalamata olive tapanade with capers and anchovy....I came across it yesterday while I was doin my shop...and I thought of you....strange hey? Ive not tried it yet..but Ill let u know winkAngie x------------------"If you alway do what youve always done, youll always get what youve always got".....by 'someone wiser than me'

4,224 posts

Posted:
Angie... I do this tapenade myself and love it !!!!!!kalamata olives are of course the best olives on earth (of course, they are greek !!!!!! smile )Shine onCassandra

150 posts

Posted:
oooooooyyuuuuuuummmmmyyyyyy!!!!!!!yummy yummy in my tummy!!!!
Non-Https Image Link
Hey Cass I really like it, just had it spread on hot crusty bread....if it wasnt 10.30am here in the uk I would crack open a nice bottle of red wine to wash it down. and wow u make your own.....could I have your recipe?????u can keep your peanut butter this is orgasmic! (erm just kiddin....It was good but not 'that' good) he he winkAngie x------------------"If you alway do what youve always done, youll always get what youve always got".....by 'someone wiser than me'

4,224 posts

Posted:
Recipe ? eeer... tapenade is basically a mix of olives (mainly black , but adding some green can really be great), capres and anchovies in a mixer. i sometime put a drop or two of lemon juice too.. As for exact quantities... I am not very good at that !!!Receive very little complains about my cooking, but it never really tastes the same, that's allI love toasts with tapenade and fresh goat cheese... and then a bit of Tarama...Anyone ever heard of Tarama ? Now I am hungry AGAIN !!!!Shine onCassandra[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 31 October 2001).]

Page: