Page:
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Fire Princess,just received the raspberry jam by mail yesterday night. and could not beleive my eyes... you are a woman of word indeed !!!MERCI !!!!
Non-Https Image Link
you rock !!!!please make sure you come to Paris to visit some time this year (we do have Eurostar now, and Eurolines too, it is a piece of cake... or pudding !!!)Anyway, AUspoiboy is gonna make fun of me again for being so excited about food... truth is I am even more excited to know we have such great people on the HOP ...shine on, Princess!Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hey, you started with the "parmisan" my little gouda... Shreaded Logatalli beats grated Parm any day. Are you sure you're from Paris FRANCE? Maybe I'll go to Wisconson for christmas... wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Ahh yes the the 2 litre stubby, how can one go wrong with 2 litres of beer goodness. Of course with melbourne cup just come and gone we decided to invest in some little five litre kegs. Ahh now that was heaven. As for cheese, i ask you all to somewhere find the monty python cheese sketch, i could recite it but it would lose the effect...."Venezualan Beaver cheese?""not today sir"Anyway must go i have an exam.....CheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

4,224 posts

Posted:
Going to Wisconsin for Xmas ? Is that were they make these amazing peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches ?yeah, why don't you just go there with your nurse ... tongueJealous Cassandra walks away and slams the door winkShine onCassandraPS : GOOD LUCK ON YOUR EXAM, APB !!!!![This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 07 November 2001).]

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Unfortunately i needed more than just luck Cass.My exam on monday was terrible.The one on wednesday was much better though.Hey 3 out of 4 is alright isn't it.CheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
, hhmmm, i have a yummy smoothi..i drank it in indonesia...cardomon, coconut, banana and cashew...blisss...love Hol.

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
it was so good i had to tell you twice!!

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Cardamom is highly under-rated. Try it in Gluwein

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
what is Gluwein?animal mineral vegetable.... see if i can guess in 20 questions..

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It's a mulled wine. So that would be vegetable (i think)------------------C@ntusWe are old, we are young, we are in this together, vagabonds and children, we're prisoners forever, with pulses raging and eyes full of wonder, Kicking out behind us again.

Meh

foobaaspinning for ages
125 posts

Posted:
I got #100!!! nahanahanahan!!! wink------------------fe fi foo fun

fe fi foo fun

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Oh, you know what a funky taste is? Clag. Yeah it's a common joke about kids eating Clag at school etc, but we used it when I used to work at the local supermarket. In small doses (like finger tip dip) not too bad! It's non-toxic too. smile

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
mum.....Bendys in his room with the glue pot again... smile

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
i remember eating dog biscuits as a kid...being locked out of the house and having to sit sown and share the dogs lunch till mum got home...

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Yeah earthdreamer that was one of th ebenefits from working in a supermarket - bulk food bins (lolly/nut scoops etc) We had dog biscuits in those bins too, they generally taste a bit like stale sweet pizza crust. Bit too dry that's all.

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Guys, this page just got a little disturbing.Bendy: I used to work in a supermarket, and i can state categorically that i never ate either clag or dog biscuits. We spent to much time in the bottle'o drinking the imported beers grinCheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
APB - I actually hold numerous records at our store (and probably Aust wide):(these are actually written on my farewell card - which I got along with my fire poi [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif">)[/image]The Pallet Spin - 2 complete rotations of a big wooden pallet on my headThe Safety Step Spin - 4 complete rotations on my headThe Safety Step Power Lift - 7 steps clean lift"and to get back to the topic of food:"Fruit Tingle Face Fill" - 50 fruit tingles in my mouth at once, chewed & swallowed. These had to all be in before any chewing occurred, no swalloing whole, no puking for 30 min following and even tho I was foaming at the mouth, every piece of fruit tingle/drop of foam had to stay in. smile

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Yes the fruit tingle thing i have done with marshmallows and it is called either fluffy bunny or chubby bunny depending on what school you went too.Of course my record was 35 marsh mallows which is fairly poor.My big event is the peg face competition.As many pegs on the skin of the face as possible, no hair is allowed to be used, no chin.I got over fifty once.cheers apb

Good on usGood on us all

4,224 posts

Posted:
Do you realize this was just supposed to be a short post for us to thank the Princess for the raspberry jam, APB ?? It has really really gone OFF TOPIC, but I love it that way... winkShine onCassandra

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Yeah i know, its great isn't it.Im still not sure what flavour ive got, i find out on thursday when i get home.Im sooooooo excited!!!!!You have to admit, that its pretty funny that a post about raspberry jam got more replies than just about anything else winkCheersAPBP.S. don't stop talking about food, you wouldn't be the same if you didn't talk about food grin

Good on usGood on us all

Fire Princessmember
130 posts

Posted:
Um, what's Clag? (Do I even want to know?)When I was little. my spanish au-pair once (unknowingly) ate a whole box of cheesy dog biscuits. She said they weren't very nice though.I quite like the dog chocolate drops, and my cousin eats the white chocolate drops for cats... Oh dear, I think I may have said too much.Princess xxx

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Clag is a pasty white non toxic glue, often used in schools because it is safe for the kids to used.You can also paint it on your skin and when it dries, it dries clear and you can peel it off and pretend you are peeling off your skin grin

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
one word, UHU... ...ahhh the memories...

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Mmmmm Cream Canisters...ISI Cream Canisters...Can anyone say Bulbies? grin------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

4,224 posts

Posted:
Princess... animal food ? you and I need to talk wink(note : very seriously think that most of western's cats and dogs eat better than at least 1/3 of humans on the planet... and that makes me insane !!!!)Bendy, is that clag the white one that smells like almonds ? hmmm... so many memories !!!!Katinca, what are Cream canisters and bulbies ?shine onCassandra

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
OK, you are all wierd. You don't eat dog/cat food... it's for dogs or cats. Simple really! If you find yourself thinking "Shall I eat this Pedigree Chum Dry Mix?" just think "NO! - Don't be so silly, it'll make me sh*t like a beast. How about some bread with cheese (or raspberry jam)"Sheesh - your all mad smile------------------https://welcome.to/thehugbubble I have only one burning desire....let me stand next to your fire

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Clug there is just paste here. Funny. Does have that nice minty smell though, doesn't it?My next door neighbour once ate my box of crayons. I was so sad...he even ate the paper!!!!Pet food aye? Methinks that since this revelation in Fire Princesses dietary habits I am happy I didn't get any jam (thinking those tiny strawberry seeds look remarkably like bird seed)Over here the suet used for birdfeed is used in some recipes!I think I will stick with my feta cheese thanks all!Oh, oh, oh!!! How come no one has mentioned caviar as a viable spread? Goose liver pate???As for me, I used to gnaw on the ends of my pnoytails and chew gum with the paper on it!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
speaking personally, i didn't mention caviar or patte as i have never had caviar (though i a good trout patte is excellent). Unfortunately im not really funded well enough to indulge in fish eggs on a regular basis.Oh well i guess that means that pele is the rich one on the board (or at least PWB grin)Cheers APB

Good on usGood on us all

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Cass - cream canisters are small bulbs containing compressed nitrous oxide. The bulbs are screwed into a spritzer like container that contains cream. The gas is released into the container and when the lever/button is pressed the gas passes through the cream and instant whipped cream comes out the nozzle. Sometimes ( wink) there is no cream in the container and only the gas comes out... *grin-in-in-in-in-in-in-in-in* grinPele - I might eat glue, but the thought of eating a paste made from the toxin filter of another animal just seems wrong!I also don't like mushrooms - they are a fungus people!! Fungus is what grows between your toes - well not mine!!One of my favourite sayings is "Getting hungry cos I'm surrounded by trees". A friend sent me this when he was waiting for pizza. It all stems back from reading the guiness book of records and reading that a guy ate an 8ft birch tree in like 80 hours (Dude ate a tree!!). My best is eating an entire Magnum Icecream (incl the stick) in about 30 min.

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Bendy 30 mins. C'mon you can do better than that, surely it only takes 5 mins to eat the ice cream (taking into account the head freezes) CheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

4,224 posts

Posted:
Goose liver paté ? you mean FOIE GRAS ????::jumps of excitement all around her office::boing boing boingLOVE IT !!! too expensive for an everyday spread ... but it is Xmas and it is erfect for Xmas ...Great dish : "tournedos" RossiniWARNING : Vegetarians, read at your own risk !Grilled beef with grilled fat goose (or duck - even better-) liver. oven potatoes with rosemarin and cook some apples with butter , flambé with calvados (apple alcohol)Absolutely fabulous... as a matter of fact that should be what I'll cook for Xmas this year... Provided my guests like that kind of food ?????Question : does anyone know this african "plantin" banana. You only eat it fried, never raw. It is excellent with african yasa chicken and rice..So for our vegetarian friends : you can frie this banana, put it with a slightly bitter green salad, balsamic vinegar and Parmesan (NYC, shhhh... no comment pelase !). delicious !Yeah, I know ... As you all guessed.. i am hungry AGAIN winkShine onCassandra

Page: