Page:
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Fire Princess,just received the raspberry jam by mail yesterday night. and could not beleive my eyes... you are a woman of word indeed !!!MERCI !!!!
Non-Https Image Link
you rock !!!!please make sure you come to Paris to visit some time this year (we do have Eurostar now, and Eurolines too, it is a piece of cake... or pudding !!!)Anyway, AUspoiboy is gonna make fun of me again for being so excited about food... truth is I am even more excited to know we have such great people on the HOP ...shine on, Princess!Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Princess - wb, and seen as you ask I put me mug on the Mug Shots thread l8er, hopefully my resemblence to jam shipping company is very slight!!Angie -- what's the latest on the jelly-bread?Cass -- dans l'amorçage de la nourriture tartinable: J'aime le fromage français, ce qui est le fromage le plus fort et smelliest que vous avez eu? M
Non-Https Image Link
------------------"To seek the perfection of the warrior's spirit is the only task worthy of our temporariness, and our manhood" Carlos Castenada

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

4,224 posts

Posted:
Marlboro...
Non-Https Image Link
you speak French ???????? how come ?I can eat any cheese, really. i very often say that my favourite cheese is the one that'd murder a fly ... "le fromage qui pue et qui tue les mouches"... there is one goat cheese guy in the market who worships me (yes, i am a *very* humble girl wink ) because i am the ony costumer who buys "that brown , dry stinky thing"...Now i am even hungrier than before....I think we should really apologize to the chick that started this thread cause we are way off topic... no, wait ... that was me ... all right, no problem, then , spread on !!! winkShine onCassandra

Insatiable fire-faerie (Angie)BRONZE Member
150 posts

Posted:
Marlboro.....S*it!!!...I 4got about my little jelly bread experiment....I shall go and hunt around in my fridge and see what happened...... smileCass..thanks for sharing. U r a star!By the way, you guys over there in france are really into stinky cheeses arent u....some of them I am absolutley convinced you need a licence for!!! Some of them are so alive they can almost walk....it like.... if you dont eat them they are gonna eat you!!Beware of 'The Cheese'Angie x------------------"If you alway do what youve always done, youll always get what youve always got".....by 'someone wiser than me'

"You've got red on you!" Shaun of the Dead

4,224 posts

Posted:
Warning : following post may hurt the sensitivity of some peole on this board...and make me lose some of my friends as well once they discover what i am capable of...the very best goat cheese I ever ate had wurms in it ... of course I removed the wurms (I'm not *that* sick yet) But really, nothing ever compared this amazing cheese...We even have one amazing cheese-only restaurant in Paris smileShine onCassandra

4,224 posts

Posted:
Dearest Malcolm, just a thought...We've had a few discussions about superficial things such as : glowstick or fire ? favourite routines ? poi and aura etc.. But i have a feeling we are now finally reaching the very core of it , the whole essence of twirling .Suggestion for next poll :what kind of spreader are youa) marmite vegemiteb) nutella / jamc) cheese and salty mixtures (tapenade, tarama...)d) peanut butter / fluff and other deadly weaponse) other (no details *please*!!!)So, Malcolm, what do you think ? I beleive it might be the "moment of truth" ...Note to self : take medication...Shine onCassandra

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Cheese only restaraunt! Put that on the list of things to do. smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Avocado and thai sweet chili sauce grin shocked tongue blushthat's playing with fire!------------------Your parents were wrongFire is good Play with fire

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Paté Peperum, a.k.a. Gentlemens Relish is the bestest thing to spread on toast. It might be the same as anchovy butter, but I'm not sure...Marmite rocks.Crunchy Peanut butter over smooth anydayAnd a slight deviation, surely the nicest toast/spread related thing is butter over a toasted crumpet!Hurrah------------------I have only one burning desire....let me stand next to your fire

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Fire Princessmember
130 posts

Posted:
Durbs - Even better than that is butter and RASPBERRY JAM on crumpets...with steaming hot tea... smileMMMMM!I'm going to have to go now and buy me some crumpets!Princess xxx

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Tea, crumpets, raspberry jam. I bow to your infinite wisdom FP. In fact I want some for breakfast tomorrow. Now where can I find crumpets in my hood. Hrmmmm... gotta be a place.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Ahhhh now crumpets, thats the good stuff.Jam and crumpets...yess i like your work FP, but when i talk crumpets i can't past honey. Thats right, straight from the hive, golden honey. Ahhhhh I think im in love.Cheers APB

Good on usGood on us all

4,224 posts

Posted:
Now... please don't laugh, but what the heck is a crumpet ??????????shine onCassandra

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Its kinda fluffy but toasted at the same time and they are extraordinarilly nice.See now you have to come to Aus to have crumpets. Oh and beer, coz aparently in the rest of the world beer is "like having sex in a canoe" it's F**cking close to water. winkCheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Auspoiboy, you haven't had German beer or Irish beer have you? No water there!!!!! smile And their versions of a pint vs my measuring cup pint are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different!Cass, I "kind-of" liken crumpets to croissants only smaller and crunchier on the outside.Prot Wine Cheese Spread...now there is something that goes down smoothe!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
No offence, but Crumpets aren't really anything like croissants... Not even slightly, at least English (i.e. PROPER) ones aren't. How to describe one.... Imagine a Scotch pancake but thicker in size, but lighter in density. Now put bubbles all the way through it (Ideal for melted butter to drizzle down into) and brown-off one side to seal it. Put in toater until browning on the bubbled side and that is a crumpet.------------------https://welcome.to/thehugbubble I have only one burning desire....let me stand next to your fire

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
OK, this is REALLY sad, but check out this link to answer your Muffin/Crumpet questions...https://www.hwatson.force9.co.uk/Magazine/2000/11-2000/muffins.htmSorry, I should go out more

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

alleykatmember
49 posts

Posted:
If we're going to get regional, there's a Philadelphia based snackfood company called Tastykake that makes something called a Krimpet. They are cakey and sweet and gooey. I don't know how far outside of Philly you can get them, but I'm almost certain they don't go beyond the tri-state area. I used to think Krimpets were crumpets spelled differently, but I see that I was very very wrong. Shout-out to all the Philly heads, yo!peace,alleykat------------------this little light of minei'm gonna let it shine...

this little light of minei'm gonna let it shine...

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
mmmm, i feel so out of it not having any strange or unusual foods to talk about, hmm, best i can think of is hot dogs cut up into egg noodles with loads of butter and parmesean cheese on top, and then when youre done with it all you can use toast to soak up all that lovely tasting leftover grease and oil, its quite enjoyable...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Well actually pele i have been partial to the old German/irish/dutch/belgian beer (as you can see i like my beer). The pint thingy, yeah germans have some good pints. There more like huge giant flagons of ale. Damn i wish i was a viking and could say that menecingly (fetch me some ale argghhh).Crumpets are exactly what durbs said. Couldn't describe em better.And hotdogs and egg noodle............ARE U INSANE MAN. winkEach to there own i guess

Good on usGood on us all

4,224 posts

Posted:
PARMESAN cheese !yes !!!that is heaven.. when I eat pasta or whatever, it is always covered completely with parmesan ..;love it !!!!shine onCassandra

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Whiffle squuek:I read your post as hot "dogs" and interpreted it as dog as in cat and dog. It freaked me out ....Then I got what you meant. smile------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Yeah the imperial pints are good, but remember APB - Darwin/NT is the home of the 2L stubbyhere's proof:https://www.geocities.com/topaussieguide/Page1.htmand I quote:Darwinnians drink so much that they created their very own 2 litre beer bottle, called the Darwin Stubby. It is the biggest beer bottle in the universe. grinMe? I like my food like I like my poi - flaming hot smile yummm spicy food

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

693 posts

Posted:
2L Stubbie, heh thats cool. I have never seen that before. smile------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
Bendy - just had a look at the top Assie site and something made me giggle;There's a section on VB - well known Australian beer. It sayd that no-one in Australia knows what VB stands for and yet, posted on the front of the bottle in BIG letters are the words "Victoria Bitter"...surely this is a clue!?------------------"The tincture of night began to suffuse the soup of the afternoon. He considered the sentence, and found it good. He liked 'tincture' particularly. Tincture. Tincture. It was a distinguished word, and pleasantly countered by the flatness of 'soup'. The soup of the afternoon. Yes. In which may be found the croutons of teatime."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

693 posts

Posted:
Heh that's so funny. Yeah we have a strange sense of humour over here, great isn't it ??*please note slight sarcasm in voice*------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Yeah but Jangla - we Aussies can't read... wink

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Fresh chevre covered in cracked black pepper and icy cold Crown Lager. You have to make the cheese earlier that day to get the full effect.In case noone got the hint, I worked on a goat dairy once, and that is what cheese heaven is all about. We ate so much cheese, Oh!

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Parmisan Cheese?!?! A French girl who puts parmisan cheese on pasta?! Parmisan is what stupid Americans put on pasta because they can't pronounce romano or logatelli! You sure you don't just want to add some ketchup and call it a day?My image is crushed.... Poor cheese choice.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

4,224 posts

Posted:
NYC, Sorry but you are wrong : "Parmisan" is what Yankees say when they can't pronounce PARMIGIANO... winkAs for the ketchup (eewww) I would eat it if only you had not allready taken it all in your peanutbutter sandwich winkShine onCassandraPS : and I can't beleive I am waisting my 5 minutes break from a horrible meeting to write that ... wink

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
ahaha, yeah Katinca, i try to refrain from eating household pets, then again, i wouldnt doubt if there was some parts of em in hotdogs, not exactly the most pure foodand Cassandra, parmesean is the ultimate condiment, it goes well with everything, mmm, parmesean on broccoli is soooooo good, yeah, im gonna go find some food to eat now...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Page: