Forums > Social Chat > UK Poi & Fire people - where are you???

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
well although i can see lots of people's emails in the 'meet others' directory a lot of them are obviously no longer visiting the page and some of them not even into Poi anymore - so i thought i'd start this topic so that people in the UK can perhaps reply saying who they are, where they are based and what they actually do so that we can get a bit more organised and hopefully i'll find someone near Cambridge to meet up with, since apart from the videos here i've never ever seen anyone else swing and i'll be really happy to meet people as i've learned to swing by myself and i have this phobia i might be doing it all wrong smile (and i am running out of new tricks - heeelp) So if you are based in the UK or travelling to the UK hit that reply button so that we can find out who's out there and who's not - let's play boyz 'n' girlz winkhappy swinging,Simos

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Chloe what is tysen st?peace outgarbo tongue[This message has been edited by garbo (edited 16 January 2001).]

be excellent to each other: safe:

ChloeBRONZE Member
54 posts

Posted:
Tyssen st - A club called The Theatre Factory - tyssen st, Dalston, e8Never been there b4. Will find out soon.. money permitting.Chloe

Chloe.
-I'm dancing through the fire just to catch a flame-
Paul Weller

ALIBABAmember
52 posts

Posted:
i still dont seem to have gathered what this green thing is and what happens but i wont be around in the summer.small idea though. ABOVE 2000FTthe idea being that anything in the uk above the 2000ft line wouldnt need insurance or the like (which i imagine could be a problem with a lot of fire in one place) (what do they do at beltane?)

ALIBABACHICKENMANICANSEEYOURUNDERWEAR

diskomember
21 posts

Posted:
Chloe - Tysen Street is a nice club, I went a couple of times last winter - big, dirty warehouse space, the power kept cutting out but the vibe was cool. They kept us waiting for over an hour before they opened the doors though - tech problems and it was cold! Wrap up warm! Have a good nite.

*burn-baby-burn-disko-inferno*

ChloeBRONZE Member
54 posts

Posted:
Hey Disko, thanks for the info. I'm still debating whether 2 go or not, just cos i hate not having my own transport to and from these things and having to rely on other people.. u know, not being able to leave when u want.. but i'm thinking i will be able to spin my poi all night if i do go, and to be honst, i need the practice! smileTHE BIG GREEN GATHERING appears to have been cancelled this year unfortunately, due to the land being unavailible and the organisers wanting a rest (i got an email from friends of the organisers). This is starting to feel sad! Anyone thought about going up (or down) to StoneHenge for the summer solstice?!? I have, briefly, im thinking it's quite a long way to go for such a short time, lets hope i have a camper van by then.ChloeBurn Bright.

Chloe.
Paul Weller

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts

Posted:
Here is what I think. I think that in the middle of the summer we should all just meet up in a park in London or some other city, have a mad session of spinning with fire in the evening. have a couple of drinks and then go out afterwards. What say you people.peace outgarbo tongue

ChloeBRONZE Member
54 posts

Posted:
yeh, that is starting to sound like a really good idea now all the boring bastards are cancelling all the good festivals!if we make it in summer.. it will be warm, mmm, warmth, all though i'm sure you werent thinking the middle of winter! smileChloehave fun and burn bright.

Chloe.
Paul Weller

Clairemember
6 posts

Posted:
If anyone is passing through Jersey at any point (unlikely I know - but we do have good beaches and nice weather in summer ) then let us know. We have a group of about 15 people who get together to have a laugh and spin fire. We love it!!!! and it's great to find other people who do. Love and light Claire-bear

diskomember
21 posts

Posted:
What about a summer poi-picnic? We can all bring scrummy food and twirl our little hearts out before embarking on much hedonistic partying after? I'm well up for it and I can (touch wood) probably talk quite a few of us lot 'up north' to come out to play. Only thing now is to decide where and when - someone in London suggest a date and place please...my knowledge of our capital city ain't what it could be!------------------*burn-baby-burn-disko-inferno*

*burn-baby-burn-disko-inferno*

Diva Devilmember
4 posts

Posted:
hi, in Byron Bay at the mo doing some twirling with the locals, will be back in London from March/April time, would be great to meet up with some fellow boyz n Girlz for a bit of twirling capers, only been doing it for about 6 weeks but quick learner, need new tricks tho. so if anyone will be inLondon around that time gis a e-mail and may the fire be forever burning!Dom

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts

Posted:
Ok guys before this topic disapears off the bottom of the discussion group what the hell is actually going to happen. Anyone gonna meet up or anything.HELLO,PEOPLEpeace outgarbo tongue

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
...i am going down!!! too much work at the moment frown ! the most viable option for the time being is a meeting in London i guess - although i shouldn't be posting since the way things are going i won't make it frown ...what does anyone else think?Simos

ChloeBRONZE Member
54 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, hows it going?personally i think we may have got too ahead of ourselves getting all excited about summer and all that, in trying to org an outdoor meet in the middle of winter! smile)Maybe we could try for outdoor one in spring, and in the meantime if anyone is going down the drome they could msg this list and see if anyone else is going. I'm in the final term of my degree and am finding it diff to find time to do anything, but i think a meet closer to summer would be great.No, i'm not being entirely helpful i know.Love.Chloe

Chloe.
Paul Weller

ALIBABAmember
52 posts

Posted:
nowt wrong with juggling i feel.i am going to the british juggling convention in cardiff on the 19th till the 22nd of april. tickets are currently 45pounds to include camping, bar, 24hr hall, and many other wonderfull things i cant remember. any one who is coming or might come i will probably be swinging in the evenings. (there are of course going to be various members of the LAP (league against poi) there but i know them and they are harmless.) seems to me the arranging is done already so why not go along?maybe i'll see you, maybe i wont.

ALIBABACHICKENMANICANSEEYOURUNDERWEAR

Dottmember
29 posts

Posted:
waheys,i'll be at the british juggling convention in april, assuming i'm in the country at the time. but of course, i started juggling way before doing poi.if people are swinging in the evening i'll join you, otherwise last year there was a poi workshop, several staff workshops, club swinging too...enjoy smiledott grin

whiterosenewbie
14 posts

Posted:
Hello. My name is Sarah. I am currently living in Birmingham for the summer. I started fire poi not to long ago so I am a beginer and yes it shows lol. I just thought I would say hello to anyone in my area.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
wavehello my names..............er.....................Allan, 25 from norwich, been spinning 2 years, love teaching beginners and learning new tricks

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
talk about your all time biggest *bump* ubblol

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
hehe.. old skool! cool there's some name up there from the very first message board (i've just been having a look at it). i've only met dimitri (unless rob is firenix in a old guise?), wonder what all the others are up to and whether they're still spinning?
confused

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Page: