Forums > Social Chat > Is anyone dressing up for Halloween??

Login/Join to Participate

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
HOw many other countries celebrate Halloween??I never thought about it until now. Id love to do the Superman thing (obviously) but i wouldnt want to disgrace the "S" by putting this body into some blue tights. 6 yrs ago i went as Superman, but i was in alot better shape than i am now.I think ill doo the Vampire. Havent done that in a long while. I have some awesome stage teeth, the kind that you cap onto your real teeth...I could go as the Mad POI'er..ill just walk around and hit people with my practice set... grinSuper'

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
I'm going as a hit of acid this year. I have this pair of pants that i sewed up like three years ago that were a little too crazy to wear to anywhere but Woodstock and my club (P.R. :b ) Then, on top of that, I have a 4 x 8 foot tye dye. I seem to have developed a proficiency for face painting, so needless to say, it will probably give you a headache to stare at my face shocked I have a crazy patch 'panama jack' style hat to go on top. Over the weekend, I constructed the 'hit' out of two pieces of posterboard with pieces of twine connecting them to wear over my shoulders. The design is equally as mind numbing! grin I will be carrying silly string (every good trip has trails wink ) And, for the lightshow...your's truly has a full complement of both RAV'N lights and glowsticks! WAHOO! If anyone wants to see me in action, and you live close to Charlotte, NC, I'll be at the Connection on friday night! E-mail me @ glowshow@hotmail.com PEACE ---J--- PLUR(RE)

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It's the Headcharge Halloween Ball. Everyone will be going in costume. So i plan to go as the guy that didn't bother. tongue------------------C@ntus

Meh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Being in aus, we don't celebrate halloween as much as you guys do. i've only ever been once and never seen anyone else do it, but i am going to get dressed up anyway, i'm making a mask, the same as Mick from slipknot, out of steel, in metalwork, abd wearing that when i spin from now on

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Yeah, Super ! Why don't you go as Clark Kent ?!!!We do celebrate Halloween in France but French claim that what they celebrate is the celtic halloween, not the american version. I know this celebration is originally from Ireland, but what they do here in France is probably *very* far from the origins and closer to a commercial version in spite of what they pretend !! ...I'll go as a geisha I think ! Not the most comfortable I guess, but fun !!shine onCassandra[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 23 October 2001).]

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
me and my house mate are staying in and scaring the trick or treaters... i wreckon a suddend blast of fire from katies gob when i open the front door should do the trick!after that we will probably wonder the streets trick or treating and twirling our fire poi... the police round here love that... ...is 23 too old for trick or treating?

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I am getting dressed up as a vampire to scare the local children when they call at our house. They already think I am REALLY strange so this will just add a little more fuel to the fire.Superman will u post a pic of u in your shiny blue lycra tights grin I'd love to c that!Onelove, Thistlefirepixie smile

Are we nearly there yet?

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
how about this???Ill go as "the guy with no pants"...pretty scary huh?? grin grin if i ever wear blue lycra, you fine people will get to see. But i am not responsible for the effect it will have on you..Super'

- Mark Twain

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Beng australian i have no desire to dress up in a silly outfit and parade around the streets for one night a year........I do that everynight grin

Good on usGood on us all

alleykatmember
49 posts

Posted:
I really like costumes that are obnoxiously clever. Last year my friend dressed up as a Freudian Slip. She wore a lovely slip and wrote things like "penis envy" and "Oedipal complex" all over her body. And one year my brother wore a mid-sized chalkboard on a cord around his neck and wrote "I am a chalkboard" on it, in chalk. And I remember this kid in elementary school wore all pink, attached a sneaker (tennis shoe) to her head, and was the gum stuck to the bottom of a shoe.Unfortunately, I have not come up with my own obnoxiously clever idea, but I do have untameable hair, so I think I'm going to be a lion.p.s. glowshow, your costume definitely sounds like it falls into the obnoxiously clever category. rock on![This message has been edited by alleykat (edited 24 October 2001).]

this little light of minei'm gonna let it shine...

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
i love halloween its my fave!!my costume isnt overly obnoxious this year..im going as LeeLou from the Fifth Element..(ala white strappy costume).. the whole costume responds to black light. cause im kinda dumb and like neon things.. last year i went as sailormoon and i won prizes.. la la la------------------A Faeries Heart Beats Fierce and Free!!!!!

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

intrepidtravellerBRONZE Member
2 posts

Posted:
hell's yes I am dressing up, it's such a must on Holloween, it's my most fav. time of the year. grinThis year I am going to be a "freaky" lil devil in a blue dress!!!!! happy hauntings & Holloween to all!!!!!!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I am bumping this thread....and I have no idea what I am going to be...I will prolly do as I have always done and get out my stage makeup and some freaky clothes and invent it at last minute.My son, however, is going to be the Grim Reaper (his choice). I still have to make the costume. For 6 he is pretty macabre...the past few years he has been a zombie, a vampire and now this...at least he is working up the food chain! smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
ive got it!!!!!I work for an Environmental Company. So we have Orange Jump Suites, full face gas masks with air tanks and tubes that hook up to them. Im going to paint "BIOHAZARD" and the symbol on the back. Put on the air tank backpack with the tubes and mask. Gloves and rubber boots. Im going to sprinkle baby powder all over the suite. Then im going to get some of that "caution hazardous material" yellow streamer tape. Im going to just bust in through the door and start taping off the house....Anthrax testing people....now thats scary"S"

- Mark Twain

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Superman i really need to get one of those orange suits! please...but of course this year im going dressed as the blue spectral monkey...again...8)

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I always thought that if you combined two mediocre costumes you could get a good one. Like a Zombee-nurse or an Elvis-soccerplayer, ghost-rapper (2pac-OUCH), I once saw darthvader in a prom dress, it was perfect. To keep up the theme Superman, I think you should combine your biohazard costume with a mailman. Just get one of those satchels and put a mailman hat on... you could have a few letters in your hand? OK, sorry, not my most PC post. [I know that people are getting hurt but if you can't laugh, what can you do?!]As for me, I was originally gonna go as Myst but I couldn't get that "twirl fire behind the back while talking trash to Phunky" stuff down in time wink so I guess I'll just be either an inept basketball ref (with those really thick glasses) or just throw on my Zoot Suit.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
NYC...hahahaha you know i thought i of it. Nothing is sacred with me.My original thought was to come as an envelope, but then opted for the biohazard suite. spectral monkey, If i can lift one from work ill be happy to send one to you.Friend of mine is painting himself yellow, then taking a large box and cutting holes for his head and arms, then painting the box yellow, and going as a brick from the Yellow Brick Road from Wizard of OZ...hee hee He looks so utterly ridiculous, but Hilarious!!Super'oh, and i kinow cassandra is going to be one sexy geisha... grrrr grrrrr [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif">------------------[/image]He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

- Mark Twain

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Alleykat! I appreciate the props! I actually pulled this one off last night, and got into the club for free. I should have some pics to post soon (I hope). What was even better than that, was that my friend B brought his record bag and put on a pair of fluorescent yellow glasses, and got in as a dj!!! The f#$ker even got to hang out in the booth, and throw down a couple of records! (just for the record, B is the most refined bullshitter that I have ever met!) Oh, the official answer for 'what are you supposed to be?' -the life of the party- grin cool

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

Reesemember
6 posts

Posted:
glowshow..good luck with what sounds like a fun costume..i used to live in Raleigh and then went to school in Chapel Hill, where they throw the hugest bash in the streets next to Mardi Gras! i would almost make drive to see you and lick that costume of yours!..but i live in Virginia now...and will be in California for the festivities ..as for my costume i may do a repeat costume, but improved this year: Joan of Arc..i'm a fan that has short hair, some authentic medieval gear and a sword that's perfect to complete the ensemble! so we'll see...eveyone enjoy the holiday and be safe! --reese

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
ahem. bein an aussie if i do anything at all itll be similar to last year.don my craziest clothes with no particular theme, go out to a reasonably classy cafe with my friends and give lollies to the waiters, since they have to work on the spookiest night of the year. then roam the streets for a bit with no particular purpose.

Availablemember
93 posts

Posted:
hard to imagine i made a simalar ? no reply anyone read the lion the witch and the wardrobe by cs lewis? any how i'm going to be a fawn 1/2 fawn 1/2 human my friend and i made ouselves half mad today sewing. supa you had me laughing through the whole blue spectral monkey i have a tape by you soooo hot r u the same as curious george? back to costumes how many times have you been at a contest and really heard your self giving a thank you speach. myself once and i thaught i had it so scrambling through my brain a lamp won but the following year i was gnesh and won big money tshirts cds... THANK YOU speach prepare your costume with thankyou speach in mindblessings for a great ole samhain

Better to Burn out than Fade out, Baby!