pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
this is just me recounting my weekend. i went to a large freedom festval this weekend in the Los Angeles area and when i got there i was quite dissapointed that i was not allowed to bring in any of my practice poi. not cool at all. so i went back to the car and dropped them all off, i was however allowed to bring in glowsticks but no string. so i had to wrap my string on a very compromising body part to get past security.i met a woman doing a fire hula hoop, without the fire because it was still day time, and she had brought in her practice poi. she was with a fire troupe and openly invited me to hang out and play once she had seen me twirling. i met her enterouge and immediately felt welcome. only one of them did poi and was pretty good. there was staff, juggling, and a 9 sectional staff,i think, that was used like a meteor. i played with the meteor and the poi and the staff, and they were highly impressed.any ways, they were getting ready to do their performance in front of a HUGE audience and that is when they asked me, do you feel confident to perform with us? of course i did. the only thing that worried me was that i had never really interacted with them before so i did not know what to expect. the stage was set, we had our space, safetys on hand, fire marshal at our backs and we were ready. there was no complete order to how we were going out, it was just one person starts and then the next person kind of follows. first it was trailing, then a fire staff, then the one other poi person and i thought i should be out there too so i went. it was amazing... i lit up about 4 times consecutively and my interaction with this fire troupe was phenominal. the leader of the pack so to speak was amazed, she commented to everyone how it seemed as though we had been practicing together for years. me and her had the sexiest dance going together, her with a hula hoop at first and then with fire fingers, and me with my ever powerful poi.about an hour after we had finished another fire troupe came up and invited me to spin with them at the other end of the party, by anoher stage, for yet another performance. you see, they found out about me, because that is where the first group borrowed the poi for me to use. one of them was a friend of the other troupe and she told them that it was my first time performing with them. but alas, i was too dehydrated at the time, and really needed to sit down for a bit... they totally understoos but also said that they would love to do it another time.i gave them all my information and they said that they may need me very soon. and the leader of the pack, whom i believe to be quite infatuated with me, is going to call me tonight or tomorrow so i can see the video and let her know where i would like to go with this.hoooray fire fame...Myst is going to be soooo pissed that he wasn't there with me...[This message has been edited by pozee (edited 22 October 2001).]

anyone got a light?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Wow!Pozee hits fire twirling fame smilegood fer you man.Josh

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
thanks josh, it was amazing. they were real professionals with agents and casting people and insurance and everything. i finally got my foot in the door with something BIG... Wink showed them a few things with the staff as well. wish you could have been there man, i am sure you can imagine how giddy i was all night...

anyone got a light?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
sounds like it would have been wicked!yep - I can definitely imagine how giddy you were smileJosh

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
*Stays to himself in the corner*

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Way to go Pozee -- sounds like you had an awesome timeGood luck with future gigs, and the leader
Non-Https Image Link
M
Non-Https Image Link
------------------"To seek the perfection of the warrior's spirit is the only task worthy of our temporariness, and our manhood" Carlos Castenada

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

Maelstrommember
135 posts

Posted:
Ring around the rozee, a pocket full of pozee!Couldn't have happened to a better person! grin------------------Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with "normal" people.

Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with normal people.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
congratulations Poz !Shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
The dream that is...Professional Fire PerformerYou go my son! Get in there, give it heaps.Oh how we all wish we could earn a living from twirling!Cool as, man! grin

UYI wink OLDSKOOL