Forums > Social Chat > Reflecting mirriors=Bright lights????

Login/Join to Participate

MystikDancermember
118 posts

Posted:
Hey!Has anyone ever tried to attach something like a safe mirror, or CD or something that reflects light above your glowstick? I just got the idea after throwing some CDs around. I don't know how it would look, just wondering if anyone has ever tried to reflect the light somehow. And please, if you TRY this, Use TAPE around the edges. Mirrors and CDs HURT along the edges, please I don't want people getting hurt from my ideas...-=M.D=-

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
How about mini mirrorballs on the ends?I imagine that would look pretty cool

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Just thought I'd relate this little experiment in things to be spun:Lying next to my desk is a pile of mirror balls (9cm diameter) waiting to be tied to the ceiling with fishing wire. So, obviously 2 of them are now mirror ball poi, on fishing wire! This is a pretty stupid thing to do as mirror balls have lots of sharp edges which I've yet to experience (I think covering them with clear plastic might make them safer), and the fishing wire took quite a bit of knotting to stop it unwinding itself.However the effect when standing under a light is of 2 spinning balls catching the light with no obvious connection to me.You need a bright light to make the mirror balls look good, so I doubt glowsticks would work that well.

SteelWngsBRONZE Member
169 posts

Posted:
Wouldn't it be easier to cover a tennis ball set of poi in glitter or some type of aluminum foil?Just a thought.------------------Blessings to all, Peter "In motion, move like a thundering wave. When still, be like a mountain.Rising up, be like a monkey. Land swiftly and lightly like a bird. Be steadylike a rooster on one leg. One's stance is as firm as a pine tree, yetexpresses motion. Spin swiftly and circularly like a wheel. Bend and flexlike a bow. Waft gracefully like a leaf in the wind. Sink like a heavy pieceof metal. Prey like a watchful, gliding eagle. Accelerate like a gusty wind." Wushu Proverb

Blessings to all,
Peter
When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon ...you just have to outrun the halfling.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Easier than picking up what's next to me, no. Easier than going to a shop and buying mirrorballs, most probably.------------------Come and take a trip, on my rocket ship...Poi pics