Forums > Social Chat > Safe Way to Glowstring?

Login/Join to Participate

haljormember
2 posts

Posted:
hi i'm trying to find a safe method to practice glowsticking, those overhead manuveres has brusied and cut my head. i was wondering on how i can practice more "safer" yet retain bout the same wieghts as glow sticks. i saw the beginner stuff homeofpoi sells but its not quite what i had in mind..thankshal

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
Tennis ballz or bubblewrap em

We are defined by the choices we make

GaBBeRave19member
72 posts

Posted:
safe glowsticking? wheres the fun in that

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
hmm..I always thought you had to be a massochist to spin. Guess not. :P------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Safe-Glowstringing, isn't that an oximoron!?!Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

Wormymember
22 posts

Posted:
Motorcycle helmet :P

Insatiable fire-faerie (Angie)BRONZE Member
150 posts

Posted:
Im no expert on glowsticking wotsoever but I would say... just keep on doing wot your doing and eventually your head will be so numb you wont give a shit!! he he.....not much help, but I couldnt resist!!------------------"If you alway do what youve always done, youll always get what youve always got".....by 'someone wiser than me'

"You've got red on you!" Shaun of the Dead

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
I have noticed that some people tend to hit themselves more when they are trying not to get hit.Ive seen people cringe and try to get out the way of a glowstick that wasnt going to hit them (at least not hard) and they ended up putting their face right in its path.Youll see them tense up their arms neck and shoulders causing the sticks to travel inward and smack the shit outta them.Your gonna get hit, especially in the beginning. Super'

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

HitokageSILVER Member
70 posts

Posted:
Plus, you think that glowsticks are bad?! Sure they can leave a welt if you're spinning fast enough, but I learned with Spanish money (Coins with holes in the middle) with strings attached. My friend learned with quarters inside a sock. If that doesn't hurt, I don't know what does. True, though, you gain a tolerance really quickly.------------------"Burning--the process of breaking things down into a simpler form." -Hitokage---FireStorm---(jimidawg@snet.net)

Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever -Mahatma Ghandi

Burning--the process of breaking things down into a simpler form. -Hitokage-

emptysetmember
98 posts

Posted:
blood is mo badder! god i havnt spun in a long time. err vollyball season is almost over so it seems to be time to pick up my strings again before it get much colder out....stupid winter

Its all in good, clean, light producing fun.

haljormember
2 posts

Posted:
well my only main concerns was my head and my crotch, so i figure the best way to practice is wearing a hat and a cup. i've only been glowsticking for 3 days, but i got the stalls, butterfly, and weave down. i'm trying to do the corkscrew and then work on transitions and stuff. dont know why i ddint' get into this earlier. this is some fun stuff. so does anyone know places where i can learn more moves?thanks

Burntmember
13 posts

Posted:
Try twirling with fire and glowsticks wont seem so dangerous wink (I read on another thread that someone twirled bricks once, that might work too)------------------Play with fire and you might get Burnt.

Play with fire and you might get Burnt.