• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Posted:Poi is actually a hawaiian food that comes from the TARO plant. Poi is used as a thickener and substitute for potatoes and other root vegetables in Hawaiian dishes and even as a stand-in for eggs and cream in puddings and other sweet preparations. Poi is kind of like yogurt but a little thicker, and purplish in color. Traditionally, Hawaiian people ate their poi much like one eats rice or mashed potatoes alongside fresh fish or roasted pig. http://www.thepoicompany.com/index.html

Delete Topic

flaming_mad
Total posts: 34
Posted:I was just in Hawaii and had some poi. It taste like crap!!!!!!!!! In fact the locals recomend you try it so you can bad mouth like they do!

Delete

adamrice
adamrice

poo-bah
Total posts: 1015
Posted:Gee, thanks for that completely irrelevant advertisement, "Wes".

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Delete

Posted:Tried to eat some poi.Tasted like a bloody tennis ballbollox

Delete

Neeko
Total posts: 68
Posted:Irrelevent yes, but there is something funny to me about the thought of Poi cheesecake. I usually swing my poi, not try to incorporate it into Baked goods.

Delete

Posted:ummmm... well yes poi is a staple in hawaii, but why do we call those fire dancing thingys poi? whenever I tell people I twirl fire poi they always associate it with that gruel they eat in the islands. :P

Delete

Demonthesys
Total posts: 11
Posted:So thats Poi.....excuse me i gotta cough up a glowstick

In order to create apple pie, you must first create the universe.

Delete