Forums > Social Chat > what kinda music do you listen to?

Login/Join to Participate

little_onemember
18 posts

Posted:
i was just wandering what kind of music everyone likes smilelittle one

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
If you use the search function, you will find that this question has been answered a few times already smileThe moderators owe me $1 (inflation is a bitch grin)

little_onemember
18 posts

Posted:
where?

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Right below the Reply and Post buttons. It's a really small text link. smile (middle of screen)------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

little_onemember
18 posts

Posted:
then what

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
do a search for music!! - or whatever else you might be interested in smile

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

GaBBeRave19member
72 posts

Posted:
*sigh of dissapointment*

little_onemember
18 posts

Posted:
"sigh" i already tried a search for music and it came up with a lot of topics not related to music in anyway and i did not find the answer to my question.i was just wander if everyone on this message board listened to just "club" music or "druming" music for poi. stuff like that. or if there are some people on here that like other types of music such as "phish"?i guess i will just keep searching the 200 results.sorry to post such a dumb topiclittle one

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
hey little one, if you go to the search engine, look up "music to twirl to" and narrow it down to social discussion there is 2 pages of what a lot of people like to twirl to. hope that helps you in you quest...

anyone got a light?

little_onemember
18 posts

Posted:
thanks but i think that my question just off topic. i just wanted to "talk" or "write" about music but i see that no one else does or they are all sick of that topic.oh well smilelittle one

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Have a look at this thread, there aren't many replies, but it should give you an idea.https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001025.htmlI personally listen to loads of different music, right now Bjork's Vespertine Album, Catherine Wheel, Super Furry Animals, Radiohead and Pop Will Eat Itself have taken up residence in my CD player------------------King of all things Walrus[This message has been edited by TheBovrilMonkey (edited 23 October 2001).]

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Reesemember
6 posts

Posted:
little one I would LOVE to answer your quistion, for i will NEVER get sick of talking about music...it's definately the most important thing to me right now..i play it, i sing it, and i could never have a day without it..so to answer your question..i typically only listen to "club" type music when i'm in the club or in a really dancey mood..primarily, my ears smile at Tool, Dave Matthews Band, Radiohead, Tori Amos, Deftones, and Incubus is a new fav of mine. so, little one..i didn't catch your answer to the question..or anyone else's for that matter...hmmm? peace---Reese

Keltmember
34 posts

Posted:
I listen to what most folks would call "hippie music". Primarily, Phish, Dead, moe., Widespread Panic..But, I've been rediscovering Les Claypool more these days, as he's been getting away from Primus...

Let me stand next to yourFire, fire on the mountain...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I listen to:The Levellers, Rev Hammer, Chumbawamba, Spiral Tribe, Credit to the Nation.Chris Liberator, OS1, Dave the Drummer.The tiniest bit of Gabba.Ultraviolence, Aphrodite.Songs from Les Miserables.All sorts of stuff really.------------------C@ntus

Meh

elliwmember
25 posts

Posted:
i love music, i couldnt live without it! i enjoy alot of different kinds of music like anything from dance to folk to metal(as long as its good i can appreciate it) but i especially love happy, bouncy music like ska and i am also a big fan of punk and go and see loads of live bands. Hey Cantus i saw the Levellers play early this year, they were absolutely exellent! ------------------little miss firefly, burning bright,lights your way all through the night.

little miss firefly, burning bright,lights your way all through the night.

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
quote:
thanks but i think that my question just off topic. i just wanted to "talk" or "write" about music but i see that no one else does or they are all sick of that topic.
You're right little_one, no one likes this topic. That's why we've never seen it before. rolleyes
quote:
"sigh" i already tried a search for music and it came up with a lot of topics not related to music in anyway and i did not find the answer to my question.
I find this hard to believe. After a quick search for music in the subjects of the Social Discussion secion I found 22. Many have exactly what you started here.Musicmusic to twirl tomusicwhat music do we like..................?Good musicWhat music?Favorite spinning music?music?What music do you twirl to?Do you still think that your question was so original and Off-Topic from the others? Next time you're suggested to use the search function, don't take the high and mighty route with "No one's ever asked it this way before."Feel free to bring back old topics. That's what they're there for. No need to spread out interesting commentary among 2 dozen threads. It would have made for interesting reading if it was one large thread.------------------"Except for that Mrs. Lincoln, How did you like the play?"Pyromorph - Let the fire change you[This message has been edited by Pele'sWhippingBoy (edited 24 October 2001).]

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
here comes WB again, always honest yet not always politically correct... winkTruth is though I don't completely agree with you WB... wow... I disagree with WB, my first time actually... he usually disagrees with me winkseriously though I know what you mean and in some threads it does work :like the Rollcall that Flash opened (real good call!!!) but for other things, I must say it is not that good to bump up real old threads.a) I did it a few times and noone ever answered after me... (al right maybe cause I did not add anything interesting ... maybe .. wink but somehow some topics are always interesting but the threads sort of lose appeal after a while... do you see what I mean ?b) We are here to be in contact, not only to look for information and ... well... sometimes it is nice to launch your own little thread... isn't it ?Shine oncassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Insatiable fire-faerie (Angie)BRONZE Member
150 posts

Posted:
Hey Ellie and CantusI too love the levellers...I didnt know they were still doing there thing!Im into allsorts of music: Dance, Trance, house, r&b, garage, indie, rock, punk, classical, folk.....erm I think Ill stop right there cos Im gonna cover every type of vibe before I stop......In other words I like a bit of everything depending on my mood!! smile ------------------"If you alway do what youve always done, youll always get what youve always got".....by 'someone wiser than me'

"You've got red on you!" Shaun of the Dead

little_onemember
18 posts

Posted:
thank you everyone for replying.kelt - i love all those bands you mentioned. i have been to many phish concerts, a widespread panic concert, which les claypool opened up for them. and lesh and friends concert, where moe opened up for them. all of those concerts where amazing. great music, great people, a great ambiance, and great mind alternating treats smilethanks everyone again for your replieslittle one

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I've seen the Levellers 5 times. grin I've been in the fan club since 1994. It's their fault i have this silly haircut.... no, actually it's because i met a girl who said i'd look cute with dreads and then didn't speak to me once i'd got them.... frown wink------------------C@ntus

Meh

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Pele'sWhippingBoy,Although I agree with the part of your post about resurrecting old topics, I think little_one's topic is different from all but one of the threads you suggested.All the others end up as 'what music do you spin to?' whether they start like that or not.Admitedly this topic isn't a whole lot different, but I think it's different enough to warrent it's own thread.------------------King of all things Walrus

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.