AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
i don't mean to encourage drug use by our younger posters, but have you got any preferred drug choices or stories to tell when you've been spinning poi

nexus_sunmember
47 posts

Posted:
psst .. moderator's gonna get you winkhint: do a search under "drugs"nexus_sun[This message has been edited by nexus_sun (edited 20 October 2001).]

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
NARC!!! DON'T ANSWER HIM!!!j/k smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

GaBBeRave19member
72 posts

Posted:
x, dxm, k, and cid ... they all put u in ur own world of euphoria spinning ull spin for hourz upon hourz upon endless hourz

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey Dood! Could you pass the crack pipe maaan?Josh

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Ha sanybody twirled on dexamphetamines. They're given to ADD kids to increase their attention span, and when given to a non ADD person they take your concentration levels way high. Like being the opposite to off your face. At least they are a prescription drug, and as such have been tested on humans. Of course, without a prescription they are illegal to sell or have, so obviously I wouldn't condone it at all. My query is purely hypothetical. winkThey're cheap on the blackmarket (so I've heard)------------------Your parents were wrongFire is good Play with fire

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Personally I like the odd cone or two. Always promoted creativity. smile------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
shockeda friend of mine has to take something (riddlin or something) for ADD, and I got pulled over by the cops a while back with her tablets in the footwell of my car (I had just dropped her back home and they fell out of her bag...) it took a lot of explaining before they let me go... they are wicked though, its like being a real attentive kid again... could probably use some to spice up meetings at work grin

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Ritilin and other dexamphetamines (aka dexies) are just amphetamines. They are like a mild form of speed. I just don't understand why this sort of drug is given to kids who have ADD and as a result are usually hyperactive. It does work - I just dunno why!------------------Well my thinking is this: if it's empty, fill it with cream

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Wrong guy to answer this, but I believe that the combination of hyperactivity and riddilin actually hypes the kid up to the point of crashing... OK upon rereading my previous sentence that makes no sense.I do know that in some cases is works very well and has changed kids lives. In some (especially in cases where the child is SO over stimulated by a crazy family environment) it does not.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
Bendy, I *THINK* that it would work kind of like Homeopathy where if a certain substance causes certain symptoms they give it to someone who already has those symptoms and they kind of cancel each other out.Kind of like 2 negatives make a positive.(just my untrained understanding smile)

GaBBeRave19member
72 posts

Posted:
NYC is right and bezerker thats for ..umm math not drugsriddilin is the college campus study drug u gotta put it up your nose and it hits u in about 3 seconds not my choice for spinning i find stimulants betarded compared to the dissociatives hallucinogens and dance drugsdrugs like x dxm and k not only feel euphoric when u spin but also enhance the trace of everything. you wave your hand in front of you and it will leave a blurred trail behind it like when you wave your hand in front of your monitor, only it works with everything for about 8 hours[This message has been edited by GaBBeRave19 (edited 21 October 2001).]

beakermember
54 posts

Posted:
Dont use drugs. tried a few not my thing would rather have a few beers, that is because I am a friendly happy drunk winkMight have a few puffs on a joint when I'm drunk thats all.If its stories you want I was chased around my hotel room by a kettle after taking lots of mushrooms. Thats probably why I dont want to do them anymore

C'mon baby light my fire

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I guess you guys mean ritalin?Kids metabolise it differently, it does actually slow them down, and increase their attention span (according to independent studies wink). Whether or not a chemical treatment is better for them than a behaviour modification program is a different story. And there is NO doublt that AD/HD is WAAAAY over diagnosed, especially in Australia. Sure some kids have a real learning impairment due to AD / HD, but I reckon it's being prescribed to many kids whose home and school environments are at fault. Drugs for these kids is just a smooth over measure, and setting them up for a lifetime of chemical control.Josh-Your friendly Neighbourhood Psych Grad.

poiboymember
22 posts

Posted:
i think that in general, drugs help with spinning. Any drug reduces your awareness of the world (even if it doesn't feel like it!), so it is easier to focus your whole being on the task at hand. Sometimes off cid or e i thought that time had slowed down so much that it felt like the sticks were on tracks, and i could go for as long as 30 minutes without messing up. And whilst trying bold new moves.Drugs are not toys, but tools. When treated with respect and used in the right context, they can help with darn near anything, esp. bodily-oriented skills like spinning.But don't die please smile

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Search for thread on *altered states* for more info.Onelove, thistlefirepixie tongue

Are we nearly there yet?

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Sensemilia! no less, maybe moreM
Non-Https Image Link
------------------"To seek the perfection of the warrior's spirit is the only task worthy of our temporariness, and our manhood" Carlos Castenada

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I have to agree that ADD is, if not over diagnosed, not really the condition people seem to think it is. Heck, I was clearly ADD in school, still am I suppose. Most of my friends would fit the definition too. How come we never got legal speed? I think most people fit the definition of the condition. If a kid can't pay attention to a class lecture for more than 15 minutes, then he has ADD. Well, I can't pay attention to something I'm not interested in for more than 5 minutes. I have a couple younger friends (one's a spinner) who have persciptions for Adderall. Niether of these people are any different than I was, or most of my friends were at that age. They just happen to be intelligent and under-stimulated intellectually. As far as why they chill out when on what is essentially persciption speed - amphetimines alter the way your brain proceeds from one thought to the next. Normally each though spawns many new thoughts and you have to pick your way forward (on a subconcious level). Many drugs (plus being very tired) actually limit the number of new thoughts each particular thought produces. essentially, your thinking becomes more linear, plodding along in a strait line, more constrained.Since kids acting up with ADD or hyperactivity are generally very intellegent, I would think they are just reacting to being under-stimulated. So, by giving them speed, you are in a sense dumming them down so that their thoughts don't go all over the place. It is easier to concentrate on one thing this way, so they don't wind up jumping all over the place going from subject to subject and looking for the stimulation that they otherwise need when not doped up.And then there is the inevitable crash you get from any drug. Not even hyperactivity can stand up to changes in body chemistry.It is my opinion (not that I'm a psychologist) that ADD isn't really a disorder at all. I don't think there is anything wrong with the kids that have it other that they are stuck in a system that can't provide adequate stimulation for their young minds. It is a totally unimaginative solution to just give them drugs to help them get through a day. It does help them deal with the drugery that is school I suppose (most drugs would), but it is a pity that we drug up our most brilliant children just because we don't have the imagination to give them a better education more suited to their needs.Not that I'm against the dispensing of legal speed mind you...As for the topic of the original post - I could say lots, but that's not very prudent. I'll wait till I meet you all in person. -v-

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
strange co-incidence...just got this from another list..------https://www.usatoday.com/news/healthscience/health/2001-10-23-kids-drugs.htmKids get psychiatric drugs too oftenBy Marilyn Elias, USA TODAYDoctors are increasingly prescribing psychiatric drugssuch as Ritalin and Prozac to preschoolers, despitequestions about safety and effectiveness, expertsreported over the weekend."Every pressure I'm aware of is pushing toward moreuse of these pills in young kids, and the potentialfor problems is huge," says child psychiatrist GlenElliott of the University of California Medical Schoolin San Francisco. He spoke at the American Academy ofPediatrics meeting in San Francisco.HMOs are encouraging quick diagnoses, working parentsoften can't be home to enforce structuredbehavior-improvement programs, and everyone seems towant "quick fixes," Elliott says.Nobody knows exactly how many preschool children areon psychiatric drugs. Some evidence suggests it's onlya few out of every 100 youngsters. But concern hasbeen mounting since a report last year showed thatRitalin use more than tripled in preschoolers between1991 and 1995, and prescriptions for antidepressantsdoubled in that age group during the same period.Newer, comprehensive figures are not available.There are a handful of scientifically sound studiesconfirming Ritalin's effectiveness in 4- and5-year-olds, says Marsha Rappley, a pediatrician atMichigan State University's College of Human Medicinein East Lansing. Side effects range from mild tosignificant headaches, stomachaches, sleep problemsand loss of appetite. But there is very littleresearch on safety and effectiveness in kids under 4.Her own recent study of Michigan children 3 andyounger diagnosed with attention deficit/hyperactivitydisorder found a pattern of multidrug use: About athird of those treated were taking two or threepsychiatric drugs.Mental health services were sparse, "so we may beignoring their core problems and setting the stage forspotty treatment for the rest of their lives," Rappleysays.Elliott worries about the long-term dangers ofprescribing drugs such as Prozac to small children.Antidepressants change how brain chemicals work, andpermanent changes might result from kids taking suchdrugs "since we know a lot of brain development isstill going on at this young age," he says."To fantasize (that the drugs) can't have adverseconsequences is a big leap. So far, we've not seenany. But we're not very sophisticated at knowing whatto look for. There are going to be unanticipatedeffects from such powerful medications," Elliott says.Parents concerned about preschoolers' behaviorproblems should check with their public schools,Rappley suggests. State and federal governmentsco-fund early treatment programs that may offer thebest hope for heading off serious emotional problemsand avoiding use of psychiatric drugs, she says.