Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
My fuelcan in my rucksack leaked.. and put paraffin all down my back, and now I have a big paraffin rash... stings like hell... any suggestions?Aloe or something?------------------"O! for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention." - William ShakespeareCheck out my Online Gallery!ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

GaBBeRave19member
72 posts

Posted:
get a better fuelcan

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
:P yeah yeah...Anyway, I had a nice bath and put aloe on, and it was all better in the morning. not sure about my clothes though.

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
beware of the parafin... i went to work stinking of parafin yesterday (knocked over the saucepan i was soaking poi in on the way out the door) and got told off by the big boss man (apparently smelling of aviation fuel doesnt fit in with the company image).about an hour later one of our machines exploded and i got soaked in hydraulic oil, so it didnt really matter any more... ...except my clothes are slimey and it wont come outany tips on getting hydraulic oil out of trousers, shoes, shirts, hair, etc., etc...?

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Getting hydraulic fuel out of clothes.With the exception of a pair of scissors and some holes in your pants i think youre stuck. grin

Good on usGood on us all

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
cheers for the idea... think i'll just have to shell out on some new clothes though; or start wearing boiler suits... trouble is they make me look like a telly-tubby (no wise cracks about which one or you'll give me a complex... smile

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat